Official Boxing Thread

I'm not sure coming in a stone or so lighter was that smart from Joyce.

Zhang is a huge guy and Joyce has never been fleet of foot.

Zhang also just the far better boxer tbf so maybe it didn't even matter but when Joyce needed to try and push him back that extra weight could have been handy.

I watched his last fight on the Usyk vs Joshua undercard and he stank the place out. He was well beaten by a Croatian lad. Unbeaten.... I can't think of the name just now... It'll come to me. I didn't think he'd put a dent in Joyce at all. He was well at it on Saturday though. I had the feeling that Joyce would just keep coming.... and keep coming.... like Jason Vorhees. and Zhang wouldn't be able to last the pace.....But the early wobble was quite concerning.

I watched his last fight on the Usyk vs Joshua undercard and he stank the place out. He was well beaten by a Croatian lad. Unbeaten.... I can't think of the name just now... It'll come to me. I didn't think he'd put a dent in Joyce at all. He was well at it on Saturday though. I had the feeling that Joyce would just keep coming.... and keep coming.... like Jason Vorhees. and Zhang wouldn't be able to last the pace.....But the early wobble was quite concerning.
Filip Hrgović & I dunno about well beaten. It was a close fight & he knocked Hrgović down in the first. Like people have said earlier, not sure what the thinking was behind losing all the weight - made Joyce way less durable.

Filip Hrgović & I dunno about well beaten. It was a close fight & he knocked Hrgović down in the first. Like people have said earlier, not sure what the thinking was behind losing all the weight - made Joyce way less durable.
Hrgović...I just came on as it popped into my head this second. Thanks though.

That was bugging me all afternoon and I was determined not to go to boxrec.

Yeah he was down early but he had the much better engine. Zhang was blowing out his hole from about the mid way point.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼