NFL thread 2014/2015

196px-National_Football_League_2008.svg.png

95th NFL Season

Regular Season: September 4 - December 28 2014.
Playoffs: 3 January 2015.
Superbowl XLIX: February 1, 2015 University of Phoenix stadium, Glendale, Arizona.
Pro Bowl: January 25, 2015 University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.​

Rule Changes for 2014 so far

- Eliminating the Referee's time out after a sack (previously the clock did not stop for a sack only after the two-minute warning).
Simplify spot of enforcement on defensive fouls committed behind the line of scrimmage to enforce from the previous spot instead of the end of the run or the spot of the foul.
- Raise the height of the goal post to 35 feet from its current height of 30 feet, where it has been since the 1974 NFL Season.
Extend the restriction on roll-up blocks to include such blocks from the side as well as from the back.
- "Dunking" the football through the goal post/crossbar (or any other means of using the goal post/crossbar as a prop in touchdown celebrations) is now considered unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards). This rule was in response to New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham's tendency to dunk the football after scores. One of Graham's dunks during the Saints' Week 12 game against the Atlanta Falcons bent the goal posts so much that the game was delayed several minutes in order for the stadium crew to make repairs. In addition, the aforementioned rule change to extend the goal posts will add extra weight, increasing the chances that it could collapse. This celebration was previously "grandfathered" as legal much like the Lambeau Leap.
- Expand replays to cover recovery of loose balls even if the play is blown dead. This was in response to San Francisco 49ers defensive player NaVorro Bowman's clear recovery of a loose ball and downed by contact in the 2013-14 NFL playoffs but the ball was still given to the Seattle Seahawks after Seahawks running back Michael Robinson took it away from Bowman after Bowman was forced to let go of the ball due to a severe knee injury. Despite the indisputable video evidence of the recovery by Bowman, the play was not reviewable.
- Connecting the officiating command center to the field-to-booth communication relay, allowing the Referee to communicate with the command center during replay reviews. This was in response to some controversial replay reviews during the 2013 season, as well as league officials observing the NHL's command center. Unlike the NHL's replay system however, NFL referees will still make the final decisions instead of the command center.
- Make on-field taunting and use of racial/sexual slurs subject to unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (15 yards).

Last edited:
Getting excited for the Draft now. Friday morning booked off work, which should allow me to stay up until the Jets pick at 18 at least.

The draft always gets hyped up but it seems even more so this year. The best draft class since 1996 according to many?

Love what Idzik is doing with the Jets, didn't overspend on the likes of drc in free agency while adding the best qb, rb and wr available. Plenty of money left to pay the guys that need paying over the next few years,If he nails this draft then the jets could be a real force in 2 or 3 yrs.

Love what Idzik is doing with the Jets, didn't overspend on the likes of drc in free agency while adding the best qb, rb and wr available. Plenty of money left to pay the guys that need paying over the next few years,If he nails this draft then the jets could be a real force in 2 or 3 yrs.

Spot on Corcach. Have a lot of draft picks too. Hopefully will fill a few other needs with those. Are you a Jets fan?

Spot on Corcach. Have a lot of draft picks too. Hopefully will fill a few other needs with those. Are you a Jets fan?
For my troubles delzer ya I am. This will be my 3rd season with an understanding of whats going on. Spent alot of time trying to educate myself on the game before venturing onto forums etc to discuss things but tbh still haven't done a huge amount of it

For my troubles delzer ya I am. This will be my 3rd season with an understanding of whats going on. Spent alot of time trying to educate myself on the game before venturing onto forums etc to discuss things but tbh still haven't done a huge amount of it

Myself and Shez are fellow Jets fans on here. We have a good bunch of NFL posters. Mostly Pats fans and a few Eagles fans and then the others. Loads of lads have a good enough level of knowledge so you can always ask a few questions and someone will have an answer.

Hoping Jets draft TE or WR with their first.

Myself and Shez are fellow Jets fans on here. We have a good bunch of NFL posters. Mostly Pats fans and a few Eagles fans and then the others. Loads of lads have a good enough level of knowledge so you can always ask a few questions and someone will have an answer.

Hoping Jets draft TE or WR with their first.

Ya that would be the popular view but if they are going ground and pound with ivory and Johnson, then in a deep wr draft they may decide that the offense can be serviced in later rounds. I think they will take dennard if hes still there at 18 and viewed as bpa. I guess no one really knows, idzik is going bpa and if thats an ot or cb then I think thats where he will go.

Welcome aboard corcach. The more Jets fans, or just NFL fans in general, on here, the merrier.

Most mock drafts have the Jets targeting a WR or CB in the first round. One of Beckham Jr (love the name), Cooks, Lee, Dennard or Fuller should be available if that is the case. I'd be happy with any of the above, Beckham Jr and Dennard more than the others.

But who knows really what way Idzik is thinking. All the speculation this time last year was linebacker, safety or wide receiver and we ended up going corner and defensive end.

A run on QBs and offensive linemen early on could shake things up a bit.

Welcome aboard corcach. The more Jets fans, or just NFL fans in general, on here, the merrier.

Most mock drafts have the Jets targeting a WR or CB in the first round. One of Beckham Jr (love the name), Cooks, Lee, Dennard or Fuller should be available if that is the case. I'd be happy with any of the above, Beckham Jr and Dennard more than the others.

But who knows really what way Idzik is thinking. All the speculation this time last year was linebacker, safety or wide receiver and we ended up going corner and defensive end.

A run on QBs and offensive linemen early on could shake things up a bit.

Cheers Shez.
Mock drafts are plentiful but mostly useless I find, no mock draft had Sheldon Richardson to us last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see something from left field again. Nobody knows what Idzik is thinking and that has to be a good thing. The ny post is tearing its hair out as they can get nothing to print. The circus has well and truely left town. As a surprise 1st rd pick I go with an ot or if they feel like coples won't be productive then maybe an olb.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼