New Metallica Album

Well ive heard the first 7 songs from the new Metallica album....and without getting too excited considering there are 5 more songs to be released throughout the night but feck it im gonna say its their best album since the black album....all 12 songs have a music video and they are being released on their website today/tonight before the album comes out Friday....couple of serious thrashy songs and a few mid temp tunes ala the balck album/load...something to please all metallica fans and dare i say it win back a few old school metalheads who departed when they cut their hair....no doubt there will be a few death/black metal fans who tell us that it isnt even the best metal album released this month:wink:

https://metallica.com/

e575bda3192f8b8faffeca9bc57fef13531bfca55f5225819f5a73faeb2820c1.jpg

you posted that meme the last time i mentioned Metallica:lol:

on a serious note have you listened to any of the new material...like em or not a new metallica album is the biggest event in the metal calendar and 35 years on they can release an album that most other bands out there can only dream of...

my only complaint about the album is that some of the songs are a bit long and loose their focus and 2 or 3 songs are poor but you get that in any album with 13 new tracks

you posted that meme the last time i mentioned Metallica:lol:

on a serious note have you listened to any of the new material...like em or not a new metallica album is the biggest event in the metal calendar and 35 years on they can release an album that most other bands out there can only dream of...

my only complaint about the album is that some of the songs are a bit long and loose their focus and 2 or 3 songs are poor but you get that in any album with 13 new tracks

TBH, I didn't listen and hopefully I won't be hearing it either.

I wouldn't have listened to them since I was a teenager and I'm not telling you how long that was. :lol:

here is a link to one of the videos..one of the weaker songs on the album imo but the video is interesting...alot of black metal fans online saying metallica are taking the piss out of em but its directed by jonas akerland who was in a black metal band himself and ive read that he is doing some documentary on the whole scene and the guys in the video feature on this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUVr2xnGIEo

here is a link to one of the videos..one of the weaker songs on the album imo but the video is interesting...alot of black metal fans online saying metallica are taking the piss out of em but its directed by jonas akerland who was in a black metal band himself and ive read that he is doing some documentary on the whole scene and the guys in the video feature on this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUVr2xnGIEo

Hmm, I watched that there for the sake of it.

I don't know a hell of a lot about black metal tbh but I do know this, their drummers are unreal M8.

And that song from Metalica is miles away from this.

Hmm, I watched that there for the sake of it.

I don't know a hell of a lot about black metal tbh but I do know this, their drummers are unreal M8.

And that song from Metalica is miles away from this.

:lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

there is a reason zyklon B are unheard of and probably still work full time in a call centre...their music is utter utter dross!!

i listened to about two minutes of that and can honestly say i would listen to bieber all day before that

:lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

there is a reason zyklon B are unheard of and probably still work full time in a call centre...

While unheard of in the wider mainstream music scene, three members of that Zyklon B lineup are career musicians with legendary status in extreme music. One is an acknowledged musical genius, runs a studio and has been nominated for a Norwegian grammy.

The new Metallica is a decent listen, but too long and too many unnecessary filler tracks for my liking. There are a couple of cracking songs alright.
Theres just so much more interesting stuff to listen to.

Ulrich is an embarrassment at this stage. Very unimaginative drumming throughout.

Mayhem is the band parodied in the video. Shit band, but a fascinating story. Utter fucking basketcases.

http://www.deathmetal.org/article/history-of-the-band-mayhem/

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼