Nani, Dani Alaves etc

Lads, these fuckers and their ilk have ruined soccer for me, I reckon its most of the reason I have lost so much of my interest to the point where I dont really watch any bar the 'big' matches like last nights at this stage.

Last week I watched Barca/Shaktar, very enjoyable match and much closer than the scoreline suggests. Barca are probably the best club team ever assembled IMO, although that Milan team were possibly as good. They are blessed with a clutch of the best players on this planet and play football as it should be played, but by the end of the match I was sick of watching them roll around like they have been attacked with a machete every time Shaktar came close. Alaves has to be the worst of the lot, fuckin prick is on the ground holding his head/leg everytime there is any contact at all, and generally got rewarded with a free.

Nani was at it last night as usual, it was ronaldo before him. His theatrics for Ramires second yellow were pathetic, he looked like a fucking fish on dry land. Luckily for him, the only part of his body that didnt go into spasm was the arm he needed to show the ref that he should card Ramires, and sure enough Ramires walked for 2 innocuous challenges, whilst Nani was haring around the pitch again 30 seconds later with no ill effects from the epileptic fit.

I understand that players like these are super fast, and super skillful and become targets for mullackers to simply hack them down. This had to be addressed to protect players, but it has gone way too far. Simulation and acting the prick are as important now as actually playing the game and worse still its rewarded time and time again by the refs.

Worst thing of all for me is that when these lads actually try to stay on their feet and play ball they are the type of lads you want to watch every week. Nani must be the most improved player in the prem over the last 2 seasons, but when he gets a run at goal he is more interested in falling over and getting a man booked than finishing the move and sticking the ball in the net.

Rant over - anybody agree?

Couldn't agree more. The worst of the lot though was Marcelo celebrating after Peter Crouch got sent off. Barely got a mention in the media, disgraceful. Players carry on is shocking but i think the real blame lies with Blatter. He's put referees under huge pressure with all the rule changes over the years. The yellow card for taking off the shirt after scoring, now banning the snood, yet he won't bring in goal line technology. A cunt of a man, but what do you expect from a former president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders.

It's good that flair players get a bit of protection these days noone ever gives out about the cloggers and hackers who can't even pass the ball give me a Nani or Alves anyway of the week at least they have some verve

How about having Nani or Alaves forced to stay on their feet and cut out the play acting, unless they have actually been taken out? Surely it would be better for all concerned?
If the refs started booking them everytime they act the prick they would not be long cutting it out of their game and getting on with things

You do not have to cheat and simulate death to possess verve Stevie

Watching Englands brave John Terry trying to kick Hernandez out of the game was funny

How did he remain on the pitch

Dry your eyes mate

Dont know what your point is here - but I think you have watched way too much Sky Sports if you think soccer has progressed, when it is as much about acting and dishonesty as anything else, and you see that as positive

Nani rarely dives

You are getting rattled by the fact that you don't like him and of course if people try to break your leg you will react

I don't see threads complaining about Gerrard, Terry and co when they try to pressure the ref

I don't have sky sports

diving is nothing new in football. Acting like you have been shot when tackled isn't either.
Football has been like this since at least the mid 90's

Studied Capoeira (sp?) apparently

Great to see him terrorising defenders what a player

Two footed

Great shot

Players like Nani are why I love the game

Himself and Giggs

Class

diving is nothing new in football. Acting like you have been shot when tackled isn't either.
Football has been like this since at least the mid 90's

It's why I mentioned the 1990 world cup

In the 60s franny Lee, Dennis law and more had reps too
lineker as mentioned

We could go all day

Nani rarely dives

You are getting rattled by the fact that you don't like him and of course if people try to break your leg you will react

I don't see threads complaining about Gerrard, Terry and co when they try to pressure the ref

I don't have sky sports

I dont like Nani acting and trying to get players sent off like last night. I think he is an amazing player and one of the most exciting in the prem when he stays on his feet and does what he should do, I said this already btw

I dont like the fact that there is effectively a no fly zone around Alaves, come anywhere near him and hes gone down, on the other hand he then scores great goals like his effort against shaktar

I dont like when Gerrard, Terry etc dive or pressure the ref - I commented on the Utd and Barca matches because they were on last night (and last week) and I watched them, not because I have an axe to grind with either team

Try to deal with what I actually said in the first post stevie - not all of the generalisations and piss poor wumming you have thrown out - Diving and simulation have ruined soccer and it needs to be dealt with in my opinion, thats all. It is far more prevalent and accepted now that it was 10 years ago. that is not to say that Nani or Alaves invented it

if platini/blatter had a bit of creativity they'd get in a rugby ref to teach th soccer refs how to lay down the law on the field

I'm no rugby fan in general BUT they sure as hell have their reffing sorted out.

I know if i were a football ref i'd go into the dressing rooms before each game and say "anyone brandishing a imaginary card at me WILL immediately be booked, anyone playacting WILL be booked, any backchat WILL receive a red card"

Couldn't agree more. The worst of the lot though was Marcelo celebrating after Peter Crouch got sent off. Barely got a mention in the media, disgraceful. Players carry on is shocking but i think the real blame lies with Blatter. He's put referees under huge pressure with all the rule changes over the years. The yellow card for taking off the shirt after scoring, now banning the snood, yet he won't bring in goal line technology. A cunt of a man, but what do you expect from a former president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders.

:cool:
In fairness to Marcelo he didn't demand the card.
I think he just couldn't believe his luck that Crouch was such a dickhead!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼