Nani, Dani Alaves etc

I prefer good honest English players like Jamie Carragher myself

Ps; how the fuck is Nani not nominated for player of the year in the Prem?

Jokeshop central what a player

two things are seriously damaging football in my opinion

coaches coaching the spirit out of players to the point where there's so little spontaneity anymore, last few world cups in particular have been almost ruined
and
the playacting, it drives me spare

the referees HAVE to get tough and book/send off players acting the maggot, plus players who wave the imaginary card

you have missed my point completely - the likes of rooney would have been a far better suggestion if you really want to take it on though

because the players vote for it right?
There is no way in hell I would vote for that diving, play acting prick despite his obvious talent, if I had played against Utd and watched him at it.

Id say opposing players despise his lack of integrity and respect.

I remember these same arguments after the terrible world cup of 1990

It's good that flair players get a bit of protection these days noone ever gives out about the cloggers and hackers who can't even pass the ball give me a Nani or Alves anyway of the week at least they have some verve

Watching Englands brave John Terry trying to kick Hernandez out of the game was funny

How did he remain on the pitch

Dry your eyes mate

Is that the one the players vote for?

Probably jealousy, spite or his fellow pros have taken a dislike to him. All in all he is one of the 6 best players in the epl.

two things are seriously damaging football in my opinion

coaches coaching the spirit out of players to the point where there's so little spontaneity anymore, last few world cups in particular have been almost ruined

I agree to an extent. International soccer is a totally different animal to club soccer due to the lack of time a team spends together. Strict regimes and tactics work much better in this environment as players dont have that same telepathic understanding with their team mates as a club side would have. You see it regularly where international teams can get results they should never achieve, simply by being organised.. we are a good example, Greece a few years back etc

Its what gives Spain such a massive advantage at the moment imo with so many of them playing together every week at Barca

the referees HAVE to get tough and book/send off players acting the maggot, plus players who wave the imaginary card

yes please

you have missed my point completely - the likes of rooney would have been a far better suggestion if you really want to take it on though

because the players vote for it right?
There is no way in hell I would vote for that diving, play acting prick despite his obvious talent, if I had played against Utd and watched him at i

Id say opposing players despise his lack of integrity and respect.

Rooney dives more than Nani ever does

Gerrard, Ronaldo and co are often nominated for this award

Divers

I remember these same arguments after the terrible world cup of 1990

It's good that flair players get a bit of protection these days noone ever gives out about the cloggers and hackers who can't even pass the ball give me a Nani or Alves anyway of the week at least they have some verve

Watching Englands brave John Terry trying to kick Hernandez out of the game was funny

How did he remain on the pitch

Dry your eyes mate

:cool:
Spot on Stevie.
In their day "icons of respectability" such as Dalglish & Lineker were not unknown for taking convenient "tumbles" if necessary.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼