Mutt help

I'm not a dog hater.

I was bitten by some cunt of a collie a few months ago for no reason whatsoever, though.

Animals are dirty creatures, KD.

Fleas, lice, ticks, bad breath, dirty coats, caked in faeces, drooling, hair all over the gaff etc. etc.

It's like children in a way, I suppose. You love your own but the rest are horrible bastards.

Dogs are great.

mans best friend.

never judges you..always happy to see you. no drama..no second guessing bullshit people give you.

loyal till the day they die.

smart.

fun.

boast your immune system...good to get an auld lick off them.

gets you up out walking ..even on the crappiest nights ypull be out walking them where as before youd be sitting on the couch wafting crinkle cut chips as you channel surfed between changing rooms and grand designs.

go for the smaller dogs like a yorkie or jack russell..smart very intelligent and smaller poos to pickup.

I’m coming under savage pressure from the kids and I have no doubt that the missus is quietly encouraging them on the sly so I’m going to have to give in and get a mutt soon

I don’t have any love for dogs, none

We had a few dogs at home and the old man used treat them like more kids so you couldn’t sit down without the fucking things annoying you for a bit of what you were eating, or drinking your cup of tea if you took your eye off it

If the fuckin thing eats the leg of my furniture, or pisses on the rug I bought last year, or any of that stuff things are going to end badly. If it digs holes in my garden it will be put into one of them

Walking a dog won’t be a problem, the missus does 5 or 6km every morning, she can drag it round the loop

So what kind of dog should I get? Some of them little things you’d see grown men walking would make you laugh at them but I don’t want a big yoke around the house either

Help a brother out PROC

I’m going to go against the grain here. I too was put under the same intense pressure from my gang. They made me question myself if I am really just a stone cold bastard who doesn’t like animals?

Eventually the pressure worked but there was one little difference to your story. They wanted a CAT. Hard to believe they expected a serious man like myself to acknowledge a fecking pussy cat as it passes me as we stroll past each other in the house.

Anyway we went to the animals home and were shown a few fellas in cages. Wife told me one of them waved at her so he was the one. After getting his nuts taken off and multiple other jabs we collected him two weeks later.

Best decision we ever made. Never knew much about cats tbh. Never realised they sleep 90% of the day and only wake to eat, or to play for a few minutes.

Kids love him. He’s a great family pet. A cat or dog are great pets for any family. You could walk into a room and see one of the kids sitting with the pet watching telly or playing xbox. I always think a house isn’t complete without a pet.

Dogs, Cats 'sall good.

I'd recommend rescuing a dog from a pound rather than encouraging breeding. They generally turn out to be grateful bastards for saving them from whatever life they had.

I’m going to go against the grain here. I too was put under the same intense pressure from my gang. They made me question myself if I am really just a stone cold bastard who doesn’t like animals?

Eventually the pressure worked but there was one little difference to your story. They wanted a CAT. Hard to believe they expected a serious man like myself to acknowledge a fecking pussy cat as it passes me as we stroll past each other in the house.

Anyway we went to the animals home and were shown a few fellas in cages. Wife told me one of them waved at her so he was the one. After getting his nuts taken off and multiple other jabs we collected him two weeks later.

Best decision we ever made. Never knew much about cats tbh. Never realised they sleep 90% of the day and only wake to eat, or to play for a few minutes.

Kids love him. He’s a great family pet. A cat or dog are great pets for any family. You could walk into a room and see one of the kids sitting with the pet watching telly or playing xbox. I always think a house isn’t complete without a pet.

Had to look after a cat for a few months while an elderly relative was unwell.

Fucker bit me, scratched me, routinely spat at me.

I cried when he went home.

Dogs are great.

mans best friend.

never judges you..always happy to see you. no drama..no second guessing bullshit people give you.

loyal till the day they die.

smart.

fun.

boast your immune system...good to get an auld lick off them.

gets you up out walking ..even on the crappiest nights ypull be out walking them where as before youd be sitting on the couch wafting crinkle cut chips as you channel surfed between changing rooms and grand designs.

go for the smaller dogs like a yorkie or jack russell..smart very intelligent and smaller poos to pickup.

I'd get a dog if I had a farm or an outhouse somehwere.
The idea of a dog living in the same space as me is like when people lived in the same room as pigs and goats.

In a barn.

People shower, wash themselves, wash their clothes, brush their teeth.

Dogs don't.

A blue shirt AND A dog hater.

You really are a bum!

I see dogs as extra hassle, depends on what stage you are in life I suppose and how much you have going on already.

Also, I don't like the idea of having a dog is it's going to be home alone all day, the worst scenario is people who leave their dogs in their gardens barking all day long while they are at work.

We used to have cats at home, some were amazing pets and I still remember them years later.

Had to look after a cat for a few months while an elderly relative was unwell.

Fucker bit me, scratched me, routinely spat at me.

I cried when he went home.

Cried with laughter or happiness?

lol

You have to work for a cat’s affection. If you treat him well, he might let you rub him and not scrach you too often.

Our guy is a slob. Brilliant company for the kids.

Little jack russell . Great with the kids and won't allow anyone else to come into the house . Small legs so a good walk will make him/her sleep all night.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼