Jury Duty

Got a letter earlier this year to attend...rang them and told them I had a medical condition that would cause me difficulty to be seated for long periods...lady that took call said no problem and took me off list...expected to be asked for doctors letter as proof etc but no request..was surprised.

I got a letter from this shower about 15 years ago, I rang them and told them I was suffering from depression.

I have never heard, or want to, from them again

I got a letter from this shower about 15 years ago, I rang them and told them I was suffering from depression.

I have never heard, or want to, from them again
This shower?? :oops:

Maybe I'm in a minority here but I was very happy to turn up for Jury Duty. I remember the first time I was called and the Mrs had already booked a foreign holiday including the appointed time. I wrote to the clerk of the court explaining the problem and there was no hassle. I was subsequently called again about 10 years later and was more than happy to be called.

We can hardly complain about our far from perfect court system if we're not even bother to turn up for jury duty.

This shower?? :oops:

Maybe I'm in a minority here but I was very happy to turn up for Jury Duty. I remember the first time I was called and the Mrs had already booked a foreign holiday including the appointed time. I wrote to the clerk of the court explaining the problem and there was no hassle. I was subsequently called again about 10 years later and was more than happy to be called.

We can hardly complain about our far from perfect court system if we're not even bother to turn up for jury duty.
Of course you would be happy to be called, you are a state employee. If you were self employed and stuck on a case that took a couple of weeks, it would be a different story.

Of course you were happy to be called, you are a state employee. If you were self employed and stuck on a case that took a couple of weeks, it would be a different story.

I get that it's more difficult for someone self-employed and I think they should get a payment for it, but seriously, how is a jury system supposed to work if people won't turn up for jury duty? 🤷‍♂️

I got a call earlier this year but had to cancel it as I was up the walls. There was no problem cancelling it. I'd have liked to do it, and given the chance and if I'd time, I'd do it if I was ever called again.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Joachim Cooder

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼