• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Between working nights and the new accounts posting on this forum I've put off commenting on the Avondhu championship games from the weekend. Saddened to see the reputation of the club being dragged down because of Gaels 2218. Illiterate and idiotic is all I can say. Hopefully they study for their junior cert instead of talking on here going onwards. To say that Killeen will have "too many gears" for O'Hanlon is absolute nonsense. Killian is a top athlete and he's faced many Sean Killeens in the past.
Sean is one of the most humble young men you could meet, I've no doubt he wouldn't agree with what that young man is saying about the final. The gaels lads know they're in for a total battle. Past games mean absolutely nothing when that ball is thrown in.

I went to both games at the weekend and was disappointed in the standard of both, as I'm assuming both of the victors would be also, however they both got to the final and that's what the aim of the day was. Kilshannig are a big strong team, and they're far from slow. The two O'Hanlons are huge additions to the team, bringing size and experience in abundance. Shooting was wayward from them but that became the theme of the day with the second game following suit. I said at the beginning of the thread that the two teams I tipped were Glanworth and Kilshannig, I saw them multiple times last year and thought if they were full strength they could rattle any team. My heart says the Gaels will win, but the head still has Kilshannig as slight favourites. They've plenty of big days out under their belt and that could stand to them against a young Gaels side.

The Gaels were very poor against Shanballymore but credit must go to their opponents who were absolutely dogged as per. They took no backwards step and done a good job of quietening the Gaels attack early on. Sean Killeen was the best player on display in both games. In my first post in this thread I said I thought he was the Gaels best player and I think anyone who was watched the games will find it hard to disagree, that is in no way any disrespect to Colin O'Brien who is a fantastic hurler. I just feel Killeen is what makes them tick from the number 6. I'd always belief in this young group, I suggested them to give it a rattle in that first post and that comment was met with raised eyebrows to say the least on here.
I think anything could happen on the day, both teams are capable of blowing the other out the water, both teams are capable of having an off day. Whatever happens I'm sure it'll be the makings of a great final.
Good assessment on both games hondagaels, I was at both myself and somewhat very similar games in ways.
It should be a good final either way.
Have we no garenteed final date set in stone?

One thing to remember is that Killian O'Hanlon is only coming back after a horrible cruciate injury and we won't see the best of him this year in hurling or football cause it takes ages to get back to 100% fitness and confidence after such an injury, he was one of the best midfielders in the country in intercounty football before the injury and i personally think he will again next year with a full winter of training behind him.
Junior hurling final will be a battle and very close, I could be very wrong but i think the geals could sneak it by a point or two🤷‍♂️🙈.
By the way great assessment of the semifinals HondaGeals👍

Great to that we can try get back to proper discussion on this thread. Best to ignore the WUMs. They are a sad act whoever they are. Leave them be.

Keamoresouth is greatly missed on this thread, but I am sure he said he'd be back again after a sabbatical away from this forum. I will try mimic him and tie everything together in the county.

Avondhu
Final: Kilshannig v LC Gaels
My tip: Kilshannig

Duhallow
Champions: Dromtarriffe

Muskerry
Semi Final: Inniscarra v Ballinora
Semi Final: Grenagh v Éire Óg
My tip: Ballinora

Seandun
Final: Brian Dillons v Nemo Rangers
My tip: Brian Dillons

Carrigdhoun
Semi Final: Shamrocks v Valley Rovers
Semi Final: Ballymartle v Belgooly
My tip: Ballymartle

Imokilly
Semi Final: Erins Own v St. Itas
Semi Final: Cobh v Midleton
My tip: St. Itas.

Carbery
Still in the group stages. Ballinascarthy top of Group A, Clonakilty top of Group B and Newcestown top of Group C. It will be interesting to see how quick this competition will be played out as time is ticking. A few midweek games no doubt. A bit of a mess to be honest.
My tip: Clonakilty.

It is looking like Dromtarriffe will be the front runners in this county but the Junior County has often popped up with surprise teams winning it out.

One thing to remember is that Killian O'Hanlon is only coming back after a horrible cruciate injury and we won't see the best of him this year in hurling or football cause it takes ages to get back to 100% fitness and confidence after such an injury, he was one of the best midfielders in the country in intercounty football before the injury and i personally think he will again next year with a full winter of training behind him.
Junior hurling final will be a battle and very close, I could be very wrong but i think the geals could sneak it by a point or two🤷‍♂️🙈.
By the way great assessment of the semifinals HondaGeals👍
Yes I think gaels will sneak it by 2 or 3 points. And I repeat it will be a battle .

Have they added Kieran Histon to the hurlers yet?
He didnt play with Nemo in the championship this year, Nemo are all out to win the county hurling in there centenary year, about 8 senior footballers playing. I saw them at the start of the season and they were very good, probably the fittest team left but carrying a few that wouldnt be great hurlers, they will be very hard to beat. Them and Clon are dark horses for the county

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼