Junior A Football 2023

An amalgamation isn't a straight forward process either. My own club had to jump through hoops just to get the case heard. We didn't field underage teams from about 2007 to around 2015 due to lack of numbers, and it shows on our junior team now. Massive age gap between say our 2 or 3 eldest players to our 4th and 5th. On our hurling team I'd say our 5th oldest player would be 21/22. Only in the last year or two have we had a second team with a few subs, for 2 clubs that were capable junior teams on their own 10 years ago. You'd really need to be on the brink of folding to amalgamate, but it was the best thing for our parish.
Well Honda ye produced a Cork minor this year so it must be going well and well done to all involved. I’ve friends in north cork and it’s really difficult in the rural clubs. Not too many left on their own now outside the towns and big villages.
My comment about an amalgamation was directed to the previous post which suggested its purpose in Timoleague there was to take the very best from both clubs and forget about the rest. That’s incorrect I’d suspect and would not be approved.

Muskerry Power Rankings after Week 1:

1. Canovee 2. Inniscarra 3. Aghinagh 4. Beal Atha 5. Eire Og 6. Grenagh 7. Ballincollig 8. Kilmichael 9. Blarney 10. Clondrohid 11. Dripsey 12. Donoughmore
Id say its more
1.Canovee
2. Scarra
3. Aghinagh
4. Eire Og
5. Grenagh
6. Kilmichael
7. Ballincollig
8.Beal Atha
9. Clondrohid
10. Blarney
11. Dripsey
12. Doghnomore

From what i heard PK was on the bench for Kilmichael and was only a poxy goal that kept Dripsey in the game. Hard to power rank teams in this grade as Collig Eire Og and especially beal atha will only get weaker. Canovee should get stonger and Scarra is 80% on if they get out of their group in hurling or not.

How many primary schools and what size are they in that catchment area? I think that’s what’s more important than a geographical area.
What Newcestown obviously lack in skill and style they make up for in heart and grit.

You’re correct might be a big parish geographically speaking but there isn’t any big village or small towns with plenty of houses . You could get as many players out of a two estates in Ballincollig than you’d get from a big parish without any big housing developments.

Id say its more
1.Canovee
2. Scarra
3. Aghinagh
4. Eire Og
5. Grenagh
6. Kilmichael
7. Ballincollig
8.Beal Atha
9. Clondrohid
10. Blarney
11. Dripsey
12. Doghnomore

From what i heard PK was on the bench for Kilmichael and was only a poxy goal that kept Dripsey in the game. Hard to power rank teams in this grade as Collig Eire Og and especially beal atha will only get weaker. Canovee should get stonger and Scarra is 80% on if they get out of their group in hurling or not.
Yeah I agree with second teams getting weaker but their first teams are also getting stronger and stronger. Power rankings are based off the weekend results and how teams are looking at this moment and time.

The likes of Eire Og used 19 players for senior and still had a very strong second team that Aghinagh were lucky to get a draw out of. Aghinagh are probably 2nd/3rd favs to win the mid cork.

Beal Atha only used 1 sub Senior A but their second team that bate Clondrohid looked very strong, granted lose 4/5 more and they're in trouble but at the moment they're 1 result away from getting out of their group. Tough on Clondrohid which you can see that it's a bit unfair that if they met Beal Atha last round could be a completely different story but Clondrohid will find it hard to get a result against Aghinagh or Eire Og.

Ballincollig seem to always be the most unpredictable out of all the second teams, 20 used at Senior but their second team seems to fluctuate with players last few years with hurling allegiance.

Both timoleague and their neighbouring club have plenty of underage players but they pick the top 7 or 8 in each club and leave the rest off .there was a good bit of trouble about it that made it's way into the local paper a few yrs back. Good to see clon winning both games over the weekend. Newcestown have a huge pick from a mile outside bandon to castletown and north to within a mile of kilmurry pitch and east to valley rovers .
That's some lies to be fair. Barryroes minors wanted to go out on there own but the board wouldn't let it happen as it was only for one year and they only had 17 players listed.
The Barryroe u14s in 2020 went the same way with 23 signatures claiming they could fill there own panel but argideen hadn't the numbers to go on there own.

If that was the way that they picked only the best 7-8 they'd both have junior a teams in hurling as well same as Bandon, Newcestown etc. And not have very young football squads

There's plenty amalgations in west cork alone due to small numbers and emigration, Owen Gaels, St. Patrick's, Ahan Gaels, Cill Mochomog.

The county championship for this will be quarter finals Muskerry v Imokilly Carbery v Duhalllow on one side And Carrigdhoun v Avondhu With Seandun winners straight to a semi playing the winner. Give me the 7 divisional winners and let's see in 2 months who got the match ups most accurate

The county championship for this will be quarter finals Muskerry v Imokilly Carbery v Duhalllow on one side And Carrigdhoun v Avondhu With Seandun winners straight to a semi playing the winner. Give me the 7 divisional winners and let's see in 2 months who got the match ups most accurate
So
Muskerry: Canovee
Imokilly: Aghada
Duhallow: Lyre
Carrigdhoun: Ballinhassig
Avondhu: Charleville
Seandun: Passage
Carbery: be a dogfight but I've a feeling Kilmacabea will come good again this year. But it'll be close between themselves, Barryroe and Tadgh Mac

Muskerry: Canovee
Imokilly: Aghada
Duhallow: Castlemagner
Carbery: Barryroe
Carrigdhoun: Ballinhassig
Avondhu: Kilavullen
Seandun: Nemo

Barryroe v Kilavullen county final

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm