Junior A Football 2023

They lost the match so its of no consequence now
It was canovee player sent off so of course there is going to be consequences for them as they will be down their FF for the final .QUOTE="The long road, post: 7339311, member: 44582"]
They lost the match so its of no consequence now
[/QUOTE]

From what I heard LC gaels started with 15 Kildorrery 14 LC Gaels had 4 sent in first half and lost the plot completely Second half KDY started with 15 but lost a few players to black cards
3 players sent off and a selector. Only one straight red given. It was my first time seeing this referee and I'm really not looking forward to seeing him again. Couldn't get the cards out quick enough. Tried evening out the game with a few soft black cards to Kildorrery, don't think he'll be held on high regard in either club but sure look he's a new ref on the scene and has to be given a chance like the rest. It was U21C football so the standard of refereeing reflected the standard on display

No stopping Canovee in this grade. The closest game they've had this year was 6 points in the Muskerry final v Inniscarra. Most games have been double figures

I had thought Castlemagner might pose their strongest threat after seeing off Barryroe but the men from mid cork blitzed them early on and were far better. It’s tough to see how Mayfield might beat them but finals are funny. Mayfield have prior against Canovee too if I’m not mistaken. A word for Paul Condon and Nicky Kelly. Still class acts

I had thought Castlemagner might pose their strongest threat after seeing off Barryroe but the men from mid cork blitzed them early on and were far better. It’s tough to see how Mayfield might beat them but finals are funny. Mayfield have prior against Canovee too if I’m not mistaken. A word for Paul Condon and Nicky Kelly. Still class acts
I went along today expecting Castlemagner to give Canovee a game of it for 40/50 mins. But it was game over after 20 minutes. Obviously 2 early goals would kill off almost every under dog.
Barryroe were minus 2 of their best players which definitely impacted that QF. Canovee are very fit and fast down the middle with scoring forwards. Probably a grade above this.
The 2nd game was a much better contest. Mayfield had 2 lucky enough goals which kept them ahead throughout. Under ferocious pressure at the end they did very well deep into extra time to work the ball into a good scoring position for the winner.
But, If they play as open as they did today Canovee will tear them apart. Instead, They’ll have to do a Newcestown on it, shut up shop and grind down Canovee.

3 players sent off and a selector. Only one straight red given. It was my first time seeing this referee and I'm really not looking forward to seeing him again. Couldn't get the cards out quick enough. Tried evening out the game with a few soft black cards to Kildorrery, don't think he'll be held on high regard in either club but sure look he's a new ref on the scene and has to be given a chance like the rest. It was U21C football so the standard of refereeing reflected the standard on display
Yeah do.. Blame the ref

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Bermuda County Council

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼