Junior A Football 2023

Aghinagh got promoted out of Division 7 on Sunday. A good morale boost for them heading into Championship. St Michaels the other team to finish in promotion with Ballinhassig and Ballyclough in the bottom two
Mind boggling that Ballyclough thought they could do well in Div 7 when they haven’t been competitive in a long time in Avondhu

Mind boggling that Ballyclough thought they could do well in Div 7 when they haven’t been competitive in a long time in Avondhu

It’s not a meritocracy really everyone knows the divisions that are stronger but each got the opportunity to enter one team rather than it being the best teams

It’s not a meritocracy really everyone knows the divisions that are stronger but each got the opportunity to enter one team rather than it being the best teams
Most of the clubs put into it were runners up of their divisions championship as the winners were already up Premier Junior. Don’t know why Ballyclough were put up as they didn’t get out of group stages in Avondhu last year. They have some good players but no depth.

Most of the clubs put into it were runners up of their divisions championship as the winners were already up Premier Junior. Don’t know why Ballyclough were put up as they didn’t get out of group stages in Avondhu last year. They have some good players but no depth.

No I agree but what I’m saying they aren’t necessarily the best 5/6 junior teams there. Castlemagner for example would be a well behind a number of sides as would ballyclough

No I agree but what I’m saying they aren’t necessarily the best 5/6 junior teams there. Castlemagner for example would be a well behind a number of sides as would ballyclough
True. Castlemagner wouldn’t have been that well regarded in past number of years. Seem to be doing ok this year. Will be interesting to see how these sides get on in junior championships this year. We won’t know till then. There are 4/5 Carbery teams that would have been ahead of those sides at start of year easily and Canovee too.

True. Castlemagner wouldn’t have been that well regarded in past number of years. Seem to be doing ok this year. Will be interesting to see how these sides get on in junior championships this year. We won’t know till then. There are 4/5 Carbery teams that would have been ahead of those sides at start of year easily and Canovee too.

Not so sure about 3/4 carberry junior teams would do much better as I can’t see any team from there this year tgat you would say are a good solid team, Ballinascarthy will be favs and they are no great shakes . As for Canovee they haven’t done anything in mid cork since they came down junior and with the majority of mid cork teams playing a higher level they should be winning mid cork this year but I wouldn’t say they are certs as Aghinagh have a better record especially last 2/3 yrs in mid cork . Dark horses for Carbery could be last yrs B winners Mathunas ?

Looking at East Cork, why were Castlemartyr and Carrignavar beaten so well they were supposed to be going ok in football in recent times. Fr O'Neills could be the favourites there

Looking at East Cork, why were Castlemartyr and Carrignavar beaten so well they were supposed to be going ok in football in recent times. Fr O'Neills could be the favourites there
Castlemartyr have a lot of injuries at the moment. Carrignavar would not be up to much. They got destroyed by Cobh last year in the championship.

Will all depend on who gets progression in hurling as some of the teams would likely down tools if they had to play football and hurling championship side by side. And why is this championship on now before all others also? Teams probably missing a lot of guys

Not so sure about 3/4 carberry junior teams would do much better as I can’t see any team from there this year tgat you would say are a good solid team, Ballinascarthy will be favs and they are no great shakes . As for Canovee they haven’t done anything in mid cork since they came down junior and with the majority of mid cork teams playing a higher level they should be winning mid cork this year but I wouldn’t say they are certs as Aghinagh have a better record especially last 2/3 yrs in mid cork . Dark horses for Carbery could be last yrs B winners Mathunas ?
Ballinascarthy aren’t paying too much attention to football this year supposedly

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼