Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Despite the Tory ills, Starmer still struggling to win over the voters! Cranky left are unhappy with him for opposing Corbyn and moderates for his wishy-washy attitude to Brexit and refusing to call it out for the shitshow it has become.

Lab to win next GE despite rather than because of Starmer!
Disagree.

Starmer is appealing to the right, not the left. Because that's where the swing voters are, not on the left or hard left. Corbyn tried a manifesto that appealed strongly to the left and didn't compromise on it.

It failed miserably.

Tories are far more unpopular now that they were at the end of Thatcher (and we're at the same part of the cycle now).

When Major took over Labour were firm favourites to win - but they didn't.

This version of the Torys have had their Black Monday early - but I still wouldn't write them off.

The corruption sleaze bit of the current Torys is far closer to 97 that to 92 though.
The only way I see labour not winning the next election is if the economy somehow roars ahead, public services somehow magically recover, the population suffers joint memory loss to forget the sleaze and it turns out Starmer sacrifices and eats baby kittens at a Labour leadership meeting every second Tuesday evening

Despite the Tory ills, Starmer still struggling to win over the voters! Cranky left are unhappy with him for opposing Corbyn and moderates for his wishy-washy attitude to Brexit and refusing to call it out for the shitshow it has become.

Lab to win next GE despite rather than because of Starmer!
Starmer has to win over the red wall Tory voters and get the old Labour vote out.

The fact that Labour are now 25 points ahead in the polls and around the same level ahead no matter which P.M. that U.K. has in charge this week.

The Tories may well try to get Boris back in a fit of panic/delusion before the next election as Sunak is as weak as it gets.

We should make a precondition of readmission to the EU that the UK adopts the Euro and finally gets a settlement to the north of Ireland issue before it is allowed to rejoin the customs union. Free movement of EU citizens should be restored in advance of any agreement on full access to our single market for UK exporters. We should demand to see evidence of their intentions before we agree to anything, especially after the Ireland/Northern Ireland Protocol debacle that they signed up to in the withdrawal agreement.

Fool me once, etc..........

The only way I see labour not winning the next election is if the economy somehow roars ahead, public services somehow magically recover, the population suffers joint memory loss to forget the sleaze and it turns out Starmer sacrifices and eats baby kittens at a Labour leadership meeting every second Tuesday evening

One bad ‘kinnock conference speech’ and some concerted press fear factors could tip this.

I don't disagree, Druck, but tbh, I don't think this is a relevant conversation. For one, I think that any new members of the EU have to have a plan to adopt the euro and to join Schengen. That all being said, they're not going to want to join for a long time, and many of us won't be in favour of it

I don't disagree, Druck, but tbh, I don't think this is a relevant conversation. For one, I think that any new members of the EU have to have a plan to adopt the euro and to join Schengen. That all being said, they're not going to want to join for a long time, and many of us won't be in favour of it
Just countering the perceived assumption that it is somehow up to the UK to “rejoin.”
It’s not. They have to reapply. And then we will consider their application and most likely tell them to politely piss off.

Good craic on Newsnight.
The same soft approach being taken by the beeb tho. No mention of German car makers and their dependence on Britain, ditto French wine makers. It's all the pandemic, Ukraine, energy BS. They're falling back on the JRM canard ",it'll take 50 years to see the benefits of brexit". It's great to watch these Nero types fiddling away amidst the Brexit flames.

The same soft approach being taken by the beeb tho. No mention of German car makers and their dependence on Britain, ditto French wine makers. It's all the pandemic, Ukraine, energy BS. They're falling back on the JRM canard ",it'll take 50 years to see the benefits of brexit". It's great to watch these Nero types fiddling away amidst the Brexit flames.
England’s problems are Ireland’s opportunities

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jason Coughlan

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼