Japan

Hi all,

Has anyone travelled to Japan recently as I am considering a trip there later in the year maybe late October or early November.

Can you offer any advice or suggestions on travel routes from Ireland and accommodation or just general details to look out for.

Any info will be greatly appreciated from your experience of your journey.

N
:lol:

If you plan to travel around, this will be your best friend:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
They have a mobile app, but I reckon 1 month is free then you have to pay, so don't install it just yet. Anyway, plan your trip, go to the rail ticket desk to reserve your seat and just show them the trip on the app, they'll book all seats for you accordingly without hassles.

Rent a portable wi-fi! You can live without it, but it's very handy when you need it, especially to see bus travel times on the spot or if you're looking for that specific restaurant you really want to try

Do the Japan Rail Pass, totally worth it if you plan to travel in multiple places

http://www.japan-guide.com was very helpful to plan my trip.

Hi all,

Has anyone travelled to Japan recently as I am considering a trip there later in the year maybe late October or early November.

Can you offer any advice or suggestions on travel routes from Ireland and accommodation or just general details to look out for.

Any info will be greatly appreciated from your experience of your journey.

N
:lol:

Ireland Heathrow Tokyo.
Was there last month, be great if a lad was single....only ever been for a few days so ain't really ever seen anything

Hi all,

Back from my trip to Tokyo.

Travelled from Cork via Amsterdam, everything went fine and for us it was our best holiday so far. KLM were excellent and we were constantly being supplied with drinks, meals etc, no complaints there even if it was an 11 hour flight.
Did and saw as much as possible. Our stay in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo was perfect, hotel was ideal. Subway travel was excellent and great for getting around.

The people were so helpful and courteous, the food is incredible, would recommend the trip to everyone if you were considering it as a choice.

Only negative was Aer Lingus, the flight from Cork to Amsterdam both going and the return later was disappointing. A one and half hour flight and not even a free tea, coffee or drink. Charging €3 for tea/coffee and €5 for scone/sandwich.

By the by, just wondering when KLM, Air France & British Airways flew out of Cork, can you remember if they served free tea/coffee on their connecting flights to Amsterdam, Paris & London?

Only negative was Aer Lingus, the flight from Cork to Amsterdam both going and the return later was disappointing. A one and half hour flight and not even a free tea, coffee or drink. Charging €3 for tea/coffee and €5 for scone/sandwich.

They do this on all short-haul flights now, most airlines do

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼