Israel attacks Iran!

Your feelings on anything or anyone associated with the religion of islam are well known to this forum.

Tehren is not Kabul. This is a sophisticated state, rich in history, currently in the control of a cabal of tyrants.

Even if you see all Iranians as untermench Daithi, underestimating your enemy is naive as well as dangerous.

Only you could suggest something so contemptible.

You were wrong.

Only you could suggest something so contemptible.

You were wrong.

I wish I was wrong about your attitudes Daithi, but your posts suggest otherwise.

The IRI regime is abhorrent to me, it is damaging to the people of Iran and it's neighbours. The latest incarnation of the administration is one of the most dangerous ever seen in the region.

This does not take from the fact that there is a massive misconception of Iran by the majority of people in the west. Your own commentary on Iran on this forum is usually jingoistic and attempts to shoehorn the people into a basket-case of Islamic fundementalism.

A war on Iran would be more far reaching and dangerous than any of the current wars in the region, not least because their defensive capability is far more advanced but also because it would rally people around in order to avoid a repeat of dominance from outside powers which have always proved hostile to the rights of ordinary people in that country.

It would also mean attacking a people who for a large part are doing alot more to fight and to damage a regime they despise than any amount of bellicose rhetoric ever will.

The age profile of Iranians today is shifting the balance in the weight of public opinion to a generation disillusioned by the old regime who want a change, want freedom and are passionate about human rights.

These are, for the most part modern, educated, politically aware people.

The situation in the country is in delicate balanace, bombing the country would be a disaster at this point, would do more to accelerate their militarisation than weaken the resolve of the administration.

It would also finally bankrupt the western powers, economically and morally in the eyes of the world.

Some stats on Iran:

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#69
http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#67
http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#65

I wish I was wrong about your attitudes Daithi, but your posts suggest otherwise.

No, uber-hysterical people like you always make the error of confusing distaste for a religion as distaste for a people.

I take issue with all religion. I happen to find Islam to be the most abhorrent. But people who follow Islam are no different to anyone else. They were just born in the Islam Zone. If they were born in Europe, they would probably be Christian or A&A.

As a consequence, they live in the 11th century. Though Iran are one of the better ones. But they are not a 1st world country. Not when 1/4 of females cannot read and write.

The IRI regime is abhorrent to me, it is damaging to the people of Iran and it's neighbours. The latest incarnation of the administration is one of the most dangerous ever seen in the region.

This does not take from the fact that there is a massive misconception of Iran by the majority of people in the west. Your own commentary on Iran on this forum is usually jingoistic and attempts to shoehorn the people into a basket-case of Islamic fundementalism.

A war on Iran would be more far reaching and dangerous than any of the current wars in the region, not least because their defensive capability is far more advanced but also because it would rally people around in order to avoid a repeat of dominance from outside powers which have always proved hostile to the rights of ordinary people in that country.

It would also mean attacking a people who for a large part are doing alot more to fight and to damage a regime they despise than any amount of bellicose rhetoric ever will.

The age profile of Iranians today is shifting the balance in the weight of public opinion to a generation disillusioned by the old regime who want a change, want freedom and are passionate about human rights.

These are, for the most part modern, educated, politically aware people.

The situation in the country is in delicate balanace, bombing the country would be a disaster at this point, would do more to accelerate their militarisation than weaken the resolve of the administration.

It would also finally bankrupt the western powers, economically and morally in the eyes of the world.

Some stats on Iran:

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#69
http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#67
http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/iran_statistics.html#65

Of course they are......

iran-stoning.jpg

Iranian_lashes_picnik.jpg

20080725_public_hanging_iran.jpg

Of course they are......

iran-stoning.jpg

Iranian_lashes_picnik.jpg

20080725_public_hanging_iran.jpg

Get off the stage will ya, so the US and Israel are civilised is it with their waterboarding and the prison camp that is Gaza. Remember the Shah killed thousands of his own people but that was ok because he was backed by the US. Iran should be allowed sort out its own internal politics and not have the US butting their noses in cause they want to control the region and people such as you using the actions above as valid reasons for the potential attack.

Get off the stage will ya, so the US and Israel are civilised is it with their waterboarding and the prison camp that is Gaza. Remember the Shah killed thousands of his own people but that was ok because he was backed by the US. Iran should be allowed sort out its own internal politics and not have the US butting their noses in cause they want to control the region and people such as you using the actions above as valid reasons for the potential attack.

Ya, I love gathering with thousands of other people to watch a good old waterboarding.

he says not really, without proof, and you bend over without batting an eyelid? pathetic

This might - just might - be down to the fact that Ubernerd knows that Pudgee knows what he's talking about when it comes to things like this?

It's just a wild theory I'm throwing out there while I have my coffee.

You may not want to admit it Liam, but he's very much the fella to ask about this sort of stuff. Sorry.

Relax there.

Sit down.

Breathe.

It'll be ok.

Ya, I love gathering with thousands of other people to watch a good old waterboarding.

Nah you were probably watching Fox News to see "shock and awe" when the US attacked Iraq, how civilised watching thousands of people being killed at once!!

The wars are over oil, nothing to do with democracy or human rights, get that into your head and then you can actually have a proper discussion as to whether they should be there or not!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

11th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼