Israel attacks Iran!

Yes could be fun for some--not quiet funny for others!--Do you think that the Stuxnet worm was engineered by a computer nerd in an attic? Analysts reverse engineering the worms code have discovered a complex "switch"which targets industrial computer infrastructure. Nobody knows what the switch is intended to do or who controls this switch. The size and complexity of the coding of the worm would indicate that state resources would be required to produce it. Nobody would admit to producing a worm with the capability of attacking any sensitive system in the world. (eg the computer control system of an aircraft) However the worm leaves a calling card 19790509--the date that the first Iranian Jew was hanged by the new Iranian islamic republic! Enjoy the tele and your next flight!

interesting.

thank god we have the computer security industry to keep things calm:

European digital security company Kaspersky Labs released a statement that described Stuxnet as "a working and fearsome prototype of a cyber-weapon that will lead to the creation of a new arms race in the world."

Read about this at the weekend.

Virus designed specifically to attack computers used in manufacturing plants and defence systems.

What concerns me with Western countries developing this massive lead on second world "enemies" in terms of conventional and, now, unconverntional weapons is that it brings a sense of desperation to said "enemies".

You can't stop a desperate terrorist.

They'll find a way to hurt you even if its grotesque and barbaric.

Watch for someone setting off a dirty bomb in an Israeli school now. :?

This story has been doing the rounds for a while, since before Ahmadinejad's recent rant in the UN.

Firstly, KK, don't assume for a second that Iran is anything but a first world country, technologically and economically. It is also a very powerful and highly populated country that is very conscious of its ancient and rich history.

Incidentally, the country also has a very large jewish population.

Personally, I am much more confortable with the idea of the current Iranian regime's march on nuclear weapons being slowed by a worm in their IT systems than by a physical miltary strike.

This makes a military strike less likely and is less confrontational to the general populace than a strike would be. The latter point also means the internal struggle of the green movement in Iran will sustain, and hopefully the population wont rally around the highly unpopular administration as they naturally would were the country under military attack.

It is highly likely Israel or the US or both are behind this, but it is also the case that this worm has appeared before, even in the US, so at this point it is not entirely accurate to state that it is of Israeli or US origin.

This story has been doing the rounds for a while, since before Ahmadinejad's recent rant in the UN.

Firstly, KK, don't assume for a second that Iran is anything but a first world country, technologically and economically. It is also a very powerful and highly populated country that is very conscious of its ancient and rich history.

Incidentally, the country also has a very large jewish population.

Personally, I am much more confortable with the idea of the current Iranian regime's march on nuclear weapons being slowed by a worm in their IT systems than by a physical miltary strike.

This makes a military strike less likely and is less confrontational to the general populace than a strike would be. The latter point also means the internal struggle of the green movement in Iran will sustain, and hopefully the population wont rally around the highly unpopular administration as they naturally would were the country under military attack.

It is highly likely Israel or the US or both are behind this, but it is also the case that this worm has appeared before, even in the US, so at this point it is not entirely accurate to state that it is of Israeli or US origin.

Not really

I stand corrected. Still apparently the largest jewish community in the middle east outside of Israel (which is what threw me here), which isn't saying much. Please disregard that part of my post.
he says not really, without proof, and you bend over without batting an eyelid? pathetic

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
NewEra
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

3rd May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼