Immigration Thread

Are we arguing semantics now?
"In total, 4,712 people arrived at Dublin Airport and claimed asylum in 2023; 4,007 had either no or false identity documents."
I don't see it as semantics. He is equating having no documents with having false ones, but they are not the same thing. He is also assuming that anyone that arrives with false or missing documentation does so because they themselves have decided to do that, rather than it being at the behest (or insistence) of a trafficker.

I am generally not a fan of the demonisation of desperate people.

I don't see it as semantics. He is equating having no documents with having false ones, but they are not the same thing. He is also assuming that anyone that arrives with false or missing documentation does so because they themselves have decided to do that, rather than it being at the behest (or insistence) of a trafficker.

I am generally not a fan of the demonisation of desperate people.
They had to have documents to get on the plane. Therefore they were false or gotten rid of. Blaming traffickers is a bit of a cop out. When you see the figures it's clear that lots are scaming the system. Majority are coming from within Europe as well so the desperation line is overplayed.

Bottom line it's against the law and because it wasn't clamped down on it encouraged rampant abuse.
Time to call a halt now.

They had to have documents to get on the plane. Therefore they were false or gotten rid of. Blaming traffickers is a bit of a cop out. When you see the figures it's clear that lots are scaming the system. Majority are coming from within Europe as well so the desperation line is overplayed.

Bottom line it's against the law and because it wasn't clamped down on it encouraged rampant abuse.
Time to call a halt now.
How is it a cop out?

Fwiw, I absolutely agree that the current system is not working

Majority are coming from within Europe as well
McEntee stated yesterday that more than 80% of people applying for IP are now coming through our open border with the North. With the brits about to start flights to Rwanda can we expect to see the numbers here increase significantly? and there doesn't seem to be a thing she can do to stop it.

McEntee stated yesterday that more than 80% of people applying for IP are now coming through our open border with the North. With the brits about to start flights to Rwanda can we expect to see the numbers here increase significantly? and there doesn't seem to be a thing she can do to stop it.
Numbers have been increasing since the Rwandan flights were made public

Immigrants are abusing the open border with the 6 counties, would the Brits do us a favour and stop carrying these Immigrants across the Irish Sea ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼