Immigration Thread

If all you are going to engage with are crime stories involving migrants, or stories you suspect involve migrants then that is going to lead to a skewed perspective.

I think you want to have that perspective though. I think it suits you.
Sounds like paper thin excuses to me matty. Defending this man is a bit dodgy. If he was Irish you'd be all over it. We'd have a whole separate thread about it. Irish man bad etc.

If all you are going to engage with are crime stories involving migrants, or stories you suspect involve migrants then that is going to lead to a skewed perspective.

I think you want to have that perspective though. I think it suits you.
Mattie, the likes of this guy are gold to the sector which you work in.
I have been saying it for years, we have enough of our own scum, we do not need to seek that sort out internationally and to bring them here.

We also do not need liars, as in people who claim asylum but are actually economic migrants, of which we do need, because they do jobs that we do not want to do.

Anyone who wants to come here and to contribute positively to society is most welcome, welfare tourists, liars, scum, well they are not.

Does that make me right wing, in the eyes of you feeble liberals?

Common sense is what I call it.

Mattie, the likes of this guy are gold to the sector which you work in.
I have been saying it for years, we have enough of our own scum, we do not need to seek that sort out internationally and to bring them here.

We also do not need liars, as in people who claim asylum but are actually economic migrants, of which we do need, because they do jobs that we do not want to do.

Anyone who wants to come here and to contribute positively to society is most welcome, welfare tourists, liars, scum, well they are not.

Does that make me right wing, in the eyes of you feeble liberals?

Common sense is what I call it.
About 8% of lawyers work in legal aid. Despite your much repeated theory that all lawyers have a vested interest in keeping criminals on the street, it's simply not true.

I do work in the sector and I have consistently called for longer sentences for criminals. You consistently ignore this because it doesn't fit with your narrative.

If you think that liberals want to bring criminals to Ireland then you don't know what a liberals is.

About 8% of lawyers work in legal aid. Despite your much repeated theory that all lawyers have a vested interest in keeping criminals on the street, it's simply not true.

I do work in the sector and I have consistently called for longer sentences for criminals. You consistently ignore this because it doesn't fit with your narrative.

If you think that liberals want to bring criminals to Ireland then you don't know what a liberals is.
I don't care what percentage of your shower work in free legal aid.
They are making lovely incomes from that system and that system needs to change, if there was a will by the majority of those that work in your sector, it could be changed.
It has not been, that says enough to me about vested interests.
You say it's not true, just a coincidence so ?

All liberals see is the good side of everyone and pity comes to the fore, so liberals cannot be trusted to rake out scum.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Andrew Mensah - Comedy Stop Cork
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

11th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼