Immigration Thread

What are you on about?
How does waiting for a lift from a parent or a sibling make me a big man on campus?
Gobshite.
Sarcasm, my intellectually challenged chum.

Freshers Week Y2K. A 19 year old FSG stands outside the Western Road gate of UCC, mittens safely pinned to the sleeves of his Liverpool training track top, patiently waiting for mummy to pick him up from big boy school, periodically hiding behind the pillars, fearing for his life, when some undesirable arts students from Kerry walk past. "Mummy can't get here quickly enough...", he quietly weeps to nobody in particular as he holds onto his Steven Gerrard lunchbox and flask set for dear life.

So. Much. Win.

Last edited:

Freshers Week Y2K. A 19 year old FSG stands outside the Western Road gate of UCC, mittens safely pinned to the sleeves of his Liverpool training track top, patiently waiting for mummy to pick him up from big boy school, periodically hiding behind the pillars, fearing for his life, when some undesirable arts students from Kerry walk past. "Mummy can't get here quickly enough...", he quietly weeps to nobody in particular as he holds onto his Steven Gerrard lunchbox and flask set for dear life.

So. Much. Win.
He was a big man on Campus alright, he worked up there with the window cleaners.

So. Much. Win.
Ah bless.
Bet that sounded funny in your drug filled head.
Bit jealous that you never went to 3rd level are we?
Got that Norrie chip on the shoulder?
Mummy and Daddy were always drunk and had no interest in what you did, never mind collecting you from anywhere.😢

Can people gofund these proud tri-colour carrying upstanding productive citizens?

1716452320425.png

1716452245172.png

Four men charged with public order offences during a protest at a facility for asylum seekers in south Co Dublin have been released on bail and were ordered not to attend refugee centre demonstrations.

Gardai on duty at a new centre for international protection applicants in Ballyogan, Carrickmines, arrested them just after midday on Wednesday.

Rodger Long, 53, of Clay Farm Drive, Kilgobbin, Dublin 18; Jordan O'Donoghue, 21, of Ballyogan Avenue, Carrickmines, Dublin 18; Conor Killian, 25, of Carrickmines Little Brighton Road, Foxrock, south Co Dublin, and Ian Cahill, 44, of Ballyogan Vale, Ballyogan Road, Dublin 18, were charged under the Public Order Act.

They appeared before Judge Deirdre Gearty at Dublin District Court on Wednesday evening.

They are accused that on May 22 at Ballyogan Road, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, they wilfully prevented or interrupted the free passage of a person or vehicle. On conviction, the charge can result in a €400 fine.

The four are also accused of failing to comply with a garda's direction to immediately leave the vicinity of the place concerned in a peaceable or orderly manner, an offence that could result in a six-month sentence and a fine.

Mr Long, Mr O'Donoghue and Mr Killian were allowed legal aid and had representation in court, but Mr Cahill did not have a lawyer.

Gardai did not object to their bail but sought conditions which Judge Gearty imposed.

The defendants, who have yet to enter pleas, were ordered to stay away from public protests and Ballyogan refugee centre.

Mr Killian and Mr Cahill must sign on once a week at their local garda stations.

In each case, they were remanded on €200 bonds to appear at Dun Laoghaire District Court on June 19 to enter pleas.

Judge Gearty ordered gardai to provide disclosure of prosecution evidence to the defence.

In a legal aid application, the court heard that Mr Long, who "made no reply to charge," was a father of four, on social welfare and living in social housing, and his wife worked part-time.

Mr O'Donoghue was assigned a solicitor after telling Judge Gearty, "I don't really know; I've never been before the court."

The daft racist saps...................

I see the Government have now decided to means test the financial aid given to refugees. It's reckoned to likely result in a saving of about 10M per year.

Certainly lends much credence to the suggestion that quite a number of immigrants are gaming the system here.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

24th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Tomorrow @ 12:30am

More events ▼