Immigration Thread

You have been schooled on this daft claim many times now.

Do we really need to do this again?

Ireland does not have any "Far-right" elected reps.

Let me understand you here - you think Ireland does not have "Far-right" elected reps but you think a lot of Ireland's elected reps are "Far-left" - funny that.

Where and when did I back McEntee says the guy who posted just a couple of days ago;

"Ms McEntee is currently putting the finishing touches to legislation that will allow returns of asylum seekers who have come across the Border and which will be implimented tomorrow..

Ireland will then begin sending asylum seekers back to the UK immediately after emergency legislation is passed enabling returns to restart, under the plans."

And as I say, you try to blame those who aren't in government for the mistakes our government are making. MLMD is NOT the Minister for Justice, McEntee is, and it is "Ms" McEntee that has made an unholy mess of it all. She is the Minister. The buck stops with her, no matter how much bluebots like you try to shift the blame. She is utterly incompetent.
That is not "backing" anyone-merely reporting what is on RTE.

No one is "backing her", not even the very tired old hamsters that are currently powering your brain.

She is out of her depth when things go badly off track.

A Minister for the good times only and not responsive enough when it matters.

She's been hopeless .

Its been said within Fine Gael that shes an ok media performer when she sticks to rote learned scripts but when she goes off message she flounders badly, as we saw last week when Michael McNamara eviscerated her at committee.

It was an open goal for Harris to shunt her sideways and he bottled it.

She won't make any inroads into dealing with the current asylum seeker mess as she simply isn't capable of doing so.

Her reeling in the years moment was her stuttering and trying to go back on script before the committee last week. If Harris had any cop on he would put her out of her misery alas he cant now or look terribly week ahead of the GE.

I'm really struggling to think of a minister who has performed as poorly as McEntee and kept their position.

She's been hopeless .

Its been said within Fine Gael that shes an ok media performer when she sticks to rote learned scripts but when she goes off message she flounders badly, as we saw last week when Michael McNamara eviscerated her at committee.

It was an open goal for Harris to shunt her sideways and he bottled it.

She won't make any inroads into dealing with the current asylum seeker mess as she simply isn't capable of doing so.

Her reeling in the years moment was her stuttering and trying to go back on script before the committee last week. If Harris had any cop on he would put her out of her misery alas he cant now or look terribly week ahead of the GE.

I'm really struggling to think of a minister who has performed as poorly as McEntee and kept their position.
He now has someone that he can willingly sacrifice in the early autumn if things do not improve rapidly as she is clearly on her last chance.

Tick-tock.............................

A certain section of people are luke warm towards Ukrainians and if stories of them going home for xmas are true then i can see why
somebody would be annoyed but would people take a more benign welcoming view if we were flooded with Palestinians?

A certain section of people are luke warm towards Ukrainians and if stories of them going home for xmas are true then i can see why
somebody would be annoyed but would people take a more benign welcoming view if we were flooded with Palestinians?
A certain section of people just hate everybody and they always have to have somebody to blame as well as pick on to make up for all their own failures in life.

Most Irish people recognise taking in Ukrainians fleeing war was the right thing to do.

That being said the optics of people returning to Western Ukraine for Christmas were terrible.

What a clear majority take issue with is our close to non existent border controls and limits.

People arent stupid and Nigeria, Georgia, Algeria etc are not war zones and people claiming asylum from there are sidestepping our visa system and availing of our ridiculously low levels of refusal and deportation.

To illustrate this point, in France and Germany upto 90% of Nigerian asylum applications are rejected. In Ireland its around 8%. We are not operating a functional system by wider EU standards.

The recent referendum results perfectly illustrated just how out of touch with public sentiment most of our politicians are

The government can continue by all means to ignore this issue but they will find themselves replaced with politicians who will tackle it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼