Ikea coming to Cork..

IKEA is shit, ye're better off without it.

All my furniture is from IKEA as there is basically nowhere else to go. Shit looks nice but it's all flakey chipboard on the inside. Stuff doesn't last any length of time.

Metal beds from there are alright, everything else is tat.
I literally have 12 Ikea book shelves in my gaff. I think they're the job. Only cost me 35 quid each

IKEA is shit, ye're better off without it.

All my furniture is from IKEA as there is basically nowhere else to go. Shit looks nice but it's all flakey chipboard on the inside. Stuff doesn't last any length of time.

Metal beds from there are alright, everything else is tat.
Correct

It’s grand when you just need some cheap shit that looks grand, but it’s made of shit and only goes together properly once. IKEA is to furniture what Pennys is to fashion, cheap shit with no longevity

Their new kitchen range actually clips together with plastic connectors, you don’t need a screw driver for the carcasses!

Not even chipboard any more. Lots of their stuff is cardboard like an egg carton filled.

That's not fair..
Ikea is the fucKing job m8s
Besides the 12 book shelves I have 2 Kallax units, a garden bench, a computer desk, a bathroom cabinet, loads of lamps, loads of fake plants, loads of wall art, an air purifier, and more besides. Never had an issue with any of it.

That's not fair..
Ikea is the fucKing job m8s
Besides the 12 book shelves I have 2 Kallax units, a garden bench, a computer desk, a bathroom cabinet, loads of lamps, loads of fake plants, loads of wall art, an air purifier, and more besides. Never had an issue with any of it.

Thats what I said - its cheap shit that looks grand. Try taking any off that stuff apart and putting it back together again, it wont work. Try moving it or selling it and neither will happen.

See the frames the wall art is in? The glass is plastic and the frame is the cheapest shittiest ‘timber’ You’ve ever seen that will bow in no time. The corners of those frames are little metal clips that are presseded into the joint. They hold it together until the first time is has any pressure on it or drops. The clips at the back to hold the art in are thin metal things that break in no time, then the frame busts and its into the bin.

It costs more but if you buy decent furniture you can sell it again when you don’t want it anymore, or move it with you, re-purpose it, change it etc so its better value by a long shot. The environmental damage IKEA does must be phenomenal as its the epitome of fast fashion

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Mashed Potatoes

Old Oak, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼