Ikea coming to Cork..

Cork needs and deserves a proper IKEA store and distribution centre to serve its large catchment. It’s 1.6 times further from Dumplin than Belfast, FFS. Anything less - like this click n’ collect fob off shenanigans - is an insult to our city and county.

I’m not a huge fan myself of much of IKEA’s fare - but Cork has been crying out for an IKEA store for a very long time now. Our denizens deserve better.

I'm sure they will. I've tried a few IKEA foodcourts, decent enough low cost grub tbf.
Yes if it's in a small can

Lads don't get your Hope's up, it is only a tiny place with minimal displays, a show room where people can plan their kitchen designs with the staff on a computer.

Fuck them.

I know lads that fit furniture and they would not touch the IKEA stuff as the quality is so bad.

You get what you pay for.

Lads don't get your Hope's up, it is only a tiny place with minimal displays, a show room where people can plan their kitchen designs with the staff on a computer.

Fuck them.

I know lads that fit furniture and they would not touch the IKEA stuff as the quality is so bad.

That's the whole point!
Not everyone has the budget or the desire to spend more than they have to on furniture.

Your assertion about lads who fit furniture not touching it is a bit like saying you know a Mercedes mechanic who wouldn't touch a Kia, when the reality is Kia's are absolutely fine.

You get what you pay for is right and sometimes what you get is exactly all that you need.

Fuck them.

It does what it says on the tin, its shite quality in general but far nicer design-wise than the cheaper end of the market manky pine furniture everyone had to have here for a long time! You only get to build it once, it wont go together a second time because the core materials are pure shite, in fact a lot of them are not even wood anymore, they're cardboard cores. Lots of the junctions have these flat staples that are hammered in and take no adjustment at all. You can assemble their newest kitchen carcass without using a screw! But it does work and it has its place

A Decathlon would be a much better idea!

It does what it says on the tin, its shite quality in general but far nicer design-wise than the cheaper end of the market manky pine furniture everyone had to have here for a long time! You only get to build it once, it wont go together a second time because the core materials are pure shite, in fact a lot of them are not even wood anymore, they're cardboard cores. Lots of the junctions have these flat staples that are hammered in and take no adjustment at all. You can assemble their newest kitchen carcass without using a screw! But it does work and it has its place

A Decathlon would be a much better idea!
It suits young families on a budget and a very affordable alternative to the big Irish and German kitchen companies who charge huge sums for kitchens.

Parts of Kerry are still very badly destroyed from "manky pine furniture" and Chinese slate floor epidemic of the 1990's.

The Decathlon is on the way.

It suits young families on a budget and a very affordable alternative to the big Irish and German kitchen companies who charge huge sums for kitchens.

Parts of Kerry are still very badly destroyed from "manky pine furniture" and Chinese slate floor epidemic of the 1990's.

The Decathlon is on the way.
Didn't know that - Decathlon is brilliant.. unreal for that time when you need to buy a tennis racket, ice crampons, and under armour for the set on the top of K2 :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼