Harty Cup 2022/23

Having a half fit Hickey didn't help the CBS cause, had injections to line out Saturday but clearly wasn't fit enough to play. Is usually worth 3/4 points.
They hadn't the depth on the sideline that could come in and make an impact when the game was there to be won. Couldn't get hands on breaks for 20 mins in 2nd half
CBS have 9 starters eligible next year but will feel this is a missed opportunity.

North Cork Star

I do know that a number of last years Cork minors were very surprised when Christopher Dunne was dropped from the panel. I never heard he was consistently missing training or matches. His mentality change if consistently attending U-20 sessions and matches this year can be considered admirable but also strange as he's at least a year or 2 from making the grade at U-20 level and should have been at least coming off the bench for the minors. Along with Dunne, players such as Matthew Barrett, Diarmuid Wall and Conor Noonan were also a loss to this squad. Im not in favour of a 1 year term for management at inter-county, the previous years management left out obvious players from the Douglas County winning team as well as players such as Ethan Buckley, Matt O'Riordan and Stephen Lynam. If serious about developing players and winning trophies they need to commit for 2 years, continuity is key and the county board should insist on a 2 year term from respective managements.

Regarding Charleville CBS goalie situation AFAIK Dylan Barrett of Ballyhea was injured and the management asked Kieran Murphy to play in goal and he obliged. I think Kieran is gone next year but Dylan will be available if fit at the time Harty begins.

Barredfootballer

You make a valid point regarding Joe Hickey and the suspended Eoin Horgan was also a loss.

Talking vague murmurings and back chat about some young fellas attitude out the Country when the real issue is the collective Attitude of the Schools in Cork City to the Harty cup. We are utterly utterly Lost in this County . SAD.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼