FFG Government Ministers caught again

How many people took their own lives due to the last recession thanks to Bertie and co?
How many people lost their homes, their savings, their pensions?
FF are employing Yates. A guy who went bankrupt in the UK and cost the state millions. The same Yates who was scathing of people on PUP yet only got through bankruptcy in the UK thanks to the government pension he got at 42.
How many Irish people killed themselves due to the strict onerous bankruptcy rules in this State at the time?

Ivan Yates is a private citizen.

He can do whatever he likes to earn a crust.

How many Irish people killed themselves due to the strict onerous bankruptcy rules in this State at the time?

I think the point being made is he cost people of this state money, and then he's given a platform to pontificate about others on the PUP costing the state money when he was a bankrupt himself. A private citizen who is again coining it on hefty state pensionS

I think the point being made is he cost people of this state money, and then he's given a platform to pontificate about others on the PUP costing the state money when he was a bankrupt himself. A private citizen who is again coining it on hefty state pensionS
He is not putting himself forward for public office.

They all have to get pensions - good or bad.

Just like all public servants - good or bad.

M.E.P. Mick Wallace cost the state millions of €€€ and is now in the E.U. Parliament supporting Putin,Iran and Assad etc

M.E.P. Mick Wallace cost the state millions of €€€ and is now in the E.U. Parliament supporting Putin,Iran and Assad etc

Oh right - that's the yardstick you're judging your FG hero Yeats on is it - he's not as bad as Mick Wallace. :rolleyes:

That's the "tallest of the seven dwarves" type of "defense" FFS

Oh right - that's the yardstick you're judging your FG hero Yeats on is it - he's not as bad as Mick Wallace. :rolleyes:

That's the "tallest of the seven dwarves" type of "defense" FFS
"FG Hero"?

Could they be both on different levels of "badness"

Even the worst teachers in school get State pensions.

Why?

That is the system that we set up as a Republic.

Hope I do not blow your mind or anything?

How many people who filed for bankruptcy were scathing of people getting the PUP?
Even with his ministerial pension he said he nearly took his own life...and the PUP was nowhere near what a ministerial pension is.

Even with his ministerial pension he said he nearly took his own life...and the PUP was nowhere near what a ministerial pension is.
I am sure that there is no actual connection in the depths of depression when some poor unfortunate even considers such an extreme act.

You have no idea of the pressures that some people may have been under.

I am sure that there is no actual connection in the depths of depression when some poor unfortunate even considers such an extreme act.

You have no idea of the pressures that some people may have been under.
You're completely missing the point.
He admitted he nearly took his own life and wouldn't have gotten through it without his pension. He then lashed out at people on the PUP...when he himself said he wouldn't have gotten through it without the pension.
I'm not questioning him-or anyone-who sink so low. I'm calling out his hypocrisy.
I've no issue with him going to the UK to file for bankruptcy.
I've an issue with him lashing out at people on the PUP(through no fault of their own).

Did Mick Wallace comment on those getting the PUP? As that's what we're discussing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼