European and Local elections thread.

South east
Shannon Forde and Cahill certs
Desmond and O Leary likely
Horgan and Hurley-Roche fighting for last seat

2 FF and 2 FG?
I think one is going to lose out.
South East was always good for FF, so perhaps it will be FG.
I don't like Terry Shannon at all. I would like him to be given the boot.

Definitely 1 for SF here and Kieran McCarthy would be a cert for me, given he is currently the Mayor and has a high profile. Being independent also helps.

3 out of FF and FG
1 SF
2 Independents (McCarthy and someone else)

Multiple anti immigration independents and representatives of very small parties running with a similar policy will only mean they will cannibalise each others vote and gain no traction.
There lack of intelligence there for all to see..

But they will take all the ‘anti everything’ vote from the shinners and hurt them more than anyone else.
I think that’s already being shown in the poles..
What work for the local community have they done?

They just hate foreigners and are obviously not the brightest and that is it.

They are no use to anybody even with all their free time they have not done a thing locally.

What work for the local community have they done?

They just hate foreigners and are obviously not the brightest and that is it.

They are no use to anybody even with all their free time they have not done a thing locally.
The likes of Roche in Fermoy is popular with farmers etc. I think what was meant is they aren’t one trick ponies unlike the likes of Blighe. They have the racism if a little less extreme but get their support from other issues too.

Cork city south central 6 seats, I predict
Sean martin FF,
Shane o callaghan FG,
Fiona kerins SF
Paidi Dinneen independent,
Last two up for grabs, FF have a David Boyle and Greens Have Dan Boyle, SF have luke Mcgrath, ,
Soc Dems Padraig Rice, few more independents, Aontu, PBP

Luke McGrath will definitely take a second seat for SF. They were very close to two here in 2019 in context of very poor results nationally and should take it this time out with much improved polling numbers and in LEA incorporating Donncha O' Laoghaire's core vote base. Mick Finn topped the poll last time out and he's not running this time - good portion of his personal votes would be from older FF voters so they may pick up some but doubt they'll have the numbers to bring in two. SF would be hoping to pick up substantial share of his vote too.
Dan Boyle elected early enough in 2019. I'd say he might be left sweating it out for last seat this time and may lose out. He's going to be well short of quota and not sure where his transfers will come from.
I'd say SFx2, FG, FF, Inds x 2.

FF X2 fg X2 SF X1 INDEPENDENT X1
A quick look at the result for County Cork shows FF and FG dominating most wards.
I can't see the same happening today, given that both are in government and FF polling in the mid-teens.

But name recognition may pull some out of the fire.

Ivan yates declared that FF is going to lose the guts of 80-100 councillors.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Irish & Cork History - Cork.Undressed
The Roundy, Castle St.

2nd Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Now You See It

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼