Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

I flew into Dublin today, the place is an absolute mess, nothing works. We were left sitting on the plane for a good 40 minutes after landing because there was a queue for parking spots (or whatever the aviation term is), and when we got there they couldn't find anyone to bring the stairs to the plane.

Passport control was actually grand as long as you were EU/UK, I was through in a few minutes.

But then I walked out of arrivals. Dear God. There was a queue for a New Jersey flight which extended out of the building to where the buses are.

I was getting an Air coach to the centre and the girl ahead of me wanted to go to Cork, but that bus was booked out.

Then a yank asked yer man where he could get a train to the centre. A train, from the airport to a Western Europe capital city? Don't be daft.

Then there was the queue for taxis.

The place is total disaster. I only flew into it, I'd just cancel my trip if I had to fly out of it.

I flew into Dublin today, the place is an absolute mess, nothing works. We were left sitting on the plane for a good 40 minutes after landing because there was a queue for parking spots (or whatever the aviation term is), and when we got there they couldn't find anyone to bring the stairs to the plane.

Passport control was actually grand as long as you were EU/UK, I was through in a few minutes.

But then I walked out of arrivals. Dear God. There was a queue for a New Jersey flight which extended out of the building to where the buses are.

I was getting an Air coach to the centre and the girl ahead of me wanted to go to Cork, but that bus was booked out.

Then a yank asked yer man where he could get a train to the centre. A train, from the airport to a Western Europe capital city? Don't be daft.

Then there was the queue for taxis.

The place is total disaster. I only flew into it, I'd just cancel my trip if I had to fly out of it.
I thought you got a work transfer back here again ?

Are you stuck up in shit hole central again ?

EnnisY: What a shit weekend. The ssbs bottle it and my alliance prospects are in tatters. Ah well, it can't get any worse I suppose.

Pilot: We will shortly be landing in Dumplin...

The only thing worse than your holiday ending, is arriving in Dublin

The DAA are getting torn to shreds left right and centre. They're saying they'll refund people who missed flights, but what if you had been on holiday in Ireland and now have to pay for a hotel?

And they talk about hiring staff. How many will quit after today, and who in their right mind would want to work there after seeing articles like this.

Looking at Skyscanner for Dublin airport. Nearly every flight at least an hr late leaving. What joy to be had in that mess. Greedy fuckers are hoovering up every destination and simply can’t cope. Wait until the new runway opens. At least there’s some live entertainment there to keep the punters happy🤪

I reckon DAA are bluffing, absolutely no way they're going to be able to sort enough staff out before the summer months. Scenes like this are going to be a daily thing I'd say.

Only a matter of time before tourists start thinking twice about going there from abroad. You'd spend your whole holiday dreading the airport on the way home.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼