D'Echo Norries v Sorries hurling Competition

Round 1 results. Ger Cunningham knocked out, I'd say that's really upset his week 😀.

When the news broke we closed moks and everyone just went home in disgust. Not worth celebrating after that 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though that’s a joke of a competition, imagine purposely pitting Norries against Sorries?

And what happens when they run out of Norries?

Not to mention the joke that none of us Glanmire Norries we’re included
You'd wannabe be careful there, names like "The Glanmire Norries" could stick 😀.
Obviously a bit behind the times in the Echo, seem to have missed the whole boundary extension thing.
Off the top of my head...Teddy Mc, John Considine, Fraggy, Pat Ryan, Kearney, Conor O'Sullivan. Jaysus, ye really would've beefed us up alright.
PS Welcome to the Northside 😀.

Cheers lad.
A good buddy of mine is adamant we are just lower Mayfield. I think getting all our underage teams into city competitions will benefit us hugely in the long run.
There are no more underage city competitions and there hasn’t been for over a decade. If you want to act like a city boy learn your facts 🤣

I stand corrected, East Cork still run some off. That’s a shame. When I played underage (many moon ago) we played in both East Cork and City championships for age groups that there was no county championship. Really enjoyed those championships.
There are no more imokilly underage competitions either, rebel og now run all competitions. They were great games alright though, a bit of bite to them 🤣

There was an east cork under 12 and 13 competition this year according to a buddy of mine. I don’t follow the undergo though as my kids aren’t playing yet so don’t know to be honest.

You’ve dug up an old wound for me now. I remember an October Bank holiday weekend when I was under 15 and Youghal beat us in the East Cork by 1 point AET on the Sunday and Glen beat us in the City Final by a point AET on the Monday. There’s some things you just don’t get over….
They are not Imokilly competitions, they are rebel og east competitions, which is a region within Rebel Og

It’s always the losses that stick and we’ve all had a few of them

They are not Imokilly competitions, they are rebel og east competitions, which is a region within Rebel Og

It’s always the losses that stick and we’ve all had a few of them
In fairness to Rebel Og it's a really professional set up. You'll still get some mismatches but the gradings system generally works quite well.
We lost the Feile by a point to the Barrs, goal with last puck of the game, still rankles 😀.

Speaking of divisional boundaries etc, I hear there's a rumour going around about Ballincollig applying to join city division. Probably make sense for them too

Speaking of divisional boundaries etc, I hear there's a rumour going around about Ballincollig applying to join city division. Probably make sense for them too
Are they? Probably makes sense as they are closer to the city than to most Muskerry clubs. Divisions will probably be gone in a few years anyway

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼