De Tunnel

Passed through tunnel yesterday...expected 60kph speed limits to have been lifted on approach from M8 and N40 in preparation for Monday??

Last edited:
Passed through tunnel yesterday...expected 60kph speed limits to have been lifted on approach from M8 and N40 in preparation for Monday??
Unless it’s being done this morning there’s still a lot of cleaning up to do. Still loads of cones and unfinished hard shoulders.

“The interchange upgrade was originally to cost €100m, but the price has already risen to €115m”

“estimated by some to cost anything from €115m and €170m.”

Night-time works blitz to finish €215m Dunkettle project by end of February​

I suppose, covid, inflation, materials, fuel all going sky high during that time.

Its a decent job done now though.

Heading west from Little Island in the evening is a disaster, the amount of merging lanes ruin any hopes of free flowing traffic, this evening will see more traffic staying left with the M8 loop opening ...
the mornings are a lot better than before though, I'll give them that

Heading west from Little Island in the evening is a disaster, the amount of merging lanes ruin any hopes of free flowing traffic, this evening will see more traffic staying left with the M8 loop opening ...
Yup, morning is bliss now. Saves 10-15 minutes.
Nightmare leaving little island to go back though.

Ya I worked in LI and take the back road out which generally has less of a tail back.

Mornings are great headed east though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jason Coughlan

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼