De Tunnel

Directing all city bound and Eastbound traffic into one lane before the tunnel was causing tailbacks at 12 yday. I can only imagine the carnage at rush hour.

There's still lights in operation at the 'interchange', making freeflow a non starter.

They shouldn't have opened this when it clearly wasnt ready.

Love how their photo shows massive tailbacks visible in two directions. Confidence-inspiring stuff.

Here idiot ;

From the article:
Drivers should use the right hand lane if intending to go to Dublin via the M8, which again broadens out to two lanes at the lights. If drivers find themselves in the ‘wrong’ lane, the advice is not to panic, but to continue around the roundabout to find the correct lane.
lol, must be the spokesman's first time in Cork.

Last edited:
Directing 2/3s of the traffic into the left hand lane which already deals with the Douglas and Mahon merge is causing havoc.

Still hard to believe just how bad it is compared to last week with the same amount of lanes available

How much did road these improvements cost guys?

Do all you people caught up in traffic jams think it's been money well spent?

What do you suggest Roxy - people be made cycle in from places like Fermoy, and Midleton? It's intention is to get rid of the traffic jams where fossil fuels are being wasted. Surely you'd be in favour of that?

I think it will take a few weeks at the earliest to sort the chaos out

I know that a few older signs are still up on the N40 approach to the tunnel

How much did road these improvements cost guys?

Do all you people caught up in traffic jams think it's been money well spent?
dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼