Cyclists

You've just made that up haven't you?

I have never in my life heard anyone complain about cyclists cycling on the left-hand side of the road impeding traffic wishing to turn left. I mean why would they make such a complaint? Someone cycling down the centre is impeding those driving straight on, turning right, or turning left. Cyclists who drive with due care and attention and consideration for other road users that keep into the left when they cycle aren't impeding people.

Cyclists UNDERTAKING people on the left, a completely different thing, do pose a danger to traffic wishing to turn left, and to themselves of course, but that's a different thing entirely.
If a cyclist is going straight ahead at a junction and a car on their right wants to go left then the car could potentially cut across the cyclist, in which case the car is in the wrong for not being observant.

If a cyclist is going straight ahead at a junction and a car on their right wants to go left then the car could potentially cut across the cyclist, in which case the car is in the wrong for not being observant.
Isn't a cyclist supposed to indicate with their right hand pointed upwards from a bent elbow position that they are going straight on ?

Eitherway very few do and us drivers just have to see where the wankers are going.

Bloody sun is out now and all the tossers will be out on their bikes.

Isn't a cyclist supposed to indicate with their right hand pointed upwards from a bent elbow position that they are going straight on ?

Eitherway very few do and us drivers just have to see where the wankers are going.

Bloody sun is out now and all the tossers will be out on their bikes.
It would help if dopey motorists signalled their intention to turn left, or right if they're coming in the opposite direction.

Surely you must acknowledge that the standard of driver that's on the road now is very poor, added that you have clowns trying to manoeuvre their SUVs who shouldn't be allowed on the road at all.

It would help if dopey motorists signalled their intention to turn left, or right if they're coming in the opposite direction.

Surely you must acknowledge that the standard of driver that's on the road now is very poor, added that you have clowns trying to manoeuvre their SUVs who shouldn't be allowed on the road at all.
I agree Rox, the vast majority of motorists think their bloody indicators are Christmas lights FFS and especially those in the Audis, BMW's and Merc's.

The level of competence in general on the roads is pathetic and I feel it is worse after the Covid lockdowns.

The arrogance amongst cyclists and the level of competence in drivers is a dangerous combination

I've probably mentioned it before a cyclist clattered into my car at the cross at Summerhill Sth and Evergreen Road in the morning a few years ago.

I was turning right coming from town and she came through the cross without looking and hit my car despite me slamming on the brakes. I'd say if I'd been going at speed and not reacted she was dead. You'd still get a terrible fright but your immediate reaction is of course is the cyclist ok.

Had to replace the bonnet for about a grand. The cop on the scene said she was clearly in the wrong. She ended up in court ( which I thought was ridiculous tbh) and she got a 200 euro fine.

There's plenty of people on pushbikes who are a danger to themselves and others.
yeah , so true but i suppose some sort of training could hardly be implemented.. i often give tips on younger cyclists who sometimes cycle with me.. wether they take any notice i dont really know.. but cycling safely takes a lot of skill and experience definitely helps.

Should it be illegal for a cyclist to cycle on the road where there is a cycle lane provided.
So when you come across a van like that in a cycle lane, or the bus pulled in at the stop, the cyclist should dismount and walk around or something? But when the cycle lane suddenly stops because there just is no more then its fine to share the road again?

Just have a bit of patience and respect for each other, and understand that vehicles with engines that weigh tonnes need to consider matters differently to a bike that weighs little or nothing - no need for the whole affair to be an angst riddled war :rolleyes:

"I have it on camera."

If it goes to court he has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his video is not fake. This is becoming more and more difficult as technology advances.

These self appointed cops are rapidly running out of time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

10th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼