Cyclists

The cyclist strikes me as a right gobshite, but the bus driver should not be driving buses if that’s how he reacts, end of story

That cyclist has serious anger issues.

People like him are a menace on our roads tbh. Pure road rage nutter.

If you behave like that toward other drivers it's no surprise that it can escalate. No one reacts well to sweary headcases giving you abuse.

If I was one of the people who he has verbally abused and then posted the encounter on social media I'd be making a complaint to the Gardai. See how the tough guy likes a dose of his own medicine.

Has anyone here seem a show on TV called 24 hours in A&E ?

One thing all.of the doctors have mentioned on it is that there are 2 things they would never do, cycle on a bicycle in an Urbam area or ride a motorcycle.

The way that arrogant prick was cycling, he will.end up under a vehicle one of these days, I genuinely hope he learns a life lesson before that.

Has anyone here seem a show on TV called 24 hours in A&E ?

One thing all.of the doctors have mentioned on it is that there are 2 things they would never do, cycle on a bicycle in an Urbam area or ride a motorcycle.

The way that arrogant prick was cycling, he will.end up under a vehicle one of these days, I genuinely hope he learns a life lesson before that.

Nah, he goes about videoing himself instigating angry confrontations with motorists. He actually stops traffic to berate motorists for braking around corners. A right dangerous clown.

Stopping traffic to verbally abuse people would fall under the remit of not taking proper care on the road and is definitely road rage. Id like to see the cops on South Terrace to take this bully boy down a peg or two.

Id laugh in his face if he tried it on with me.

More like 8 tons.

I said maybe the coach driver was not correct, but that cyclist is an out and out wanker and with the way he cycles he will end up dead no matter how many cameras he has.

He was on a bike so in honky's mind he was right no matter what he did. These lycra lot seem to think the Rules of The Road don't really apply to them.

I was driving through Carrigaline yesterday morning about 10 O'Clock and a cyclist in blue lycra gear was travelling same direction. I gave him a very wide berth as they demand when I overtook just beyond the big roundabout. On into Carragline the clown went through both sets of traffic lights when red and at the far end of the town his manoevre nearly caused a crash as a car was pulling out knowing the lights were red. On up the hill towards Minane Bridge (without him indicating of course) and as I slowed down to politely (and I was polite) inform him that the Rules of The Road are for cyclists too the clown in his blue lycra (I'd guess in his mid-30s) knew he was wrong but just gave me the finger. :roll:

Still - he was on a bike eh honky :lol:

I followed SoundY's advice earlier when overtaking a bunch of cyclists.

I flashed my lights and honked the horn to let them know I was there before overtaking.

I thought they'd appreciate this act of courtesy. Quite the opposite in fact.

Not when you're just overtaking Dan - when you're overtaking a car that is behind another slow moving car and you suspect from their driving might not look in their rear-view mirror before they eventually overtake the one in front.

That cyclist was all over the road. Weaving from lane to lane in traffic.

An ultra aggressive dickhead to boot. He will pull his hardman routine with the wrong guy and get his nose decorated all over his face, and deservedly so.

Cyclists demand that motorists don't pass within 1 meter when overtaking (even more when overtaking at over 50kph). But refuse to observe a minimum distance when they overtake cars. The sooner the Rules of The Road are enforced for cyclists too the better for everybody - cyclist included. They won't get so frustrated with what they think is bullying on the road by motorists, and motorists won't get so frustrated by so many cyclists trying to goad motorists.

He was on a bike so in honky's mind he was right no matter what he did. These lycra lot seem to think the Rules of The Road don't really apply to them.

I was driving through Carrigaline yesterday morning about 10 O'Clock and a cyclist in blue lycra gear was travelling same direction. I gave him a very wide berth as they demand when I overtook just beyond the big roundabout. On into Carragline the clown went through both sets of traffic lights when red and at the far end of the town his manoevre nearly caused a crash as a car was pulling out knowing the lights were red. On up the hill towards Minane Bridge (without him indicating of course) and as I slowed down to politely (and I was polite) inform him that the Rules of The Road are for cyclists too the clown in his blue lycra (I'd guess in his mid-30s) knew he was wrong but just gave me the finger. :roll:

Still - he was on a bike eh honky :lol:

Under traffic laws cyclists are supposed to cycle with reasonable consideration for other road users.

Gardai can issue fixed charge notices for such. I'm all for cyclists being legally required to display a reg.

If they wish to report motorists then other road users should be afforded the right to report their offences.

Lads, this is very simple. Whatever about the rights and wrongs of what the cyclist did you cannot decide to teach him a lesson using a fucking bus, because if it goes wrong you will kill him.

The cyclist strikes me as a right gobshite, but the bus driver should not be driving buses if that’s how he reacts, end of story

What do you recommend in how to teach him a lesson honky - should the bus driver just get out of his bus and give the cyclist the bating he seems to be looking for? Cyclist would probably cycle off at a rate of knots as soon as he got even close.

Hopefully this close call will serve as a warning to the cyclist and get him to wise up and try to be a courteous and considerate road-user before he ends up with a very serious injury, or worse.

Or is he looking for a toombstone with a "I behaved like a prick on my bicycle but that motorist was in the wrong too" inscription :-(

@righttobikeit seems to be under some confusion wrt to the law regarding cyclists showing reasonable consideration to other road users.

Plenty there that falls under the remit of road rage.

He would want to calm down a bit. Id say a judge would take a dim view of some of his behaviour in those videos.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Niall McCabe

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼