Criminally underrated Irish Albums

Which Irish albums do you think have been over looked or under rated for different reasons?

On the Turn from Kerbdog is one that springs to mind, an absolute classic in my eyes.

But there's loads that never reach the audience they should.

Forsberg said:
Rollerskate Skinny - Horsedrawn Wishes.

Maybe not underrated , but it should defintely have been more successful than it was .

Excellent call. I was going to say it myself. An absolute masterpiece and one of my most listened-to albums.

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless (and all the rest of their stuff for that matter).
Such a fantastically original band. Possibly Ireland's greatest band ever.
I suppose they weren't really under-rated per se, cos the critics nearly wet themselves over them, but the record-buying masses took no notice whatsoever.

Anything Cathal Coughlan has done, be it his solo stuff or with Microdisney or The Fatima Mansions. Such a hilarious and witty songwriter not to mention a creator of superb melodies, but most people wouldn't have a clue who he is.

Murdock said:
Excellent call. I was going to say it myself. An absolute masterpiece and one of my most listened-to albums.

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless (and all the rest of their stuff for that matter).
Such a fantastically original band. Possibly Ireland's greatest band ever.
I suppose they weren't really under-rated per se, cos the critics nearly wet themselves over them, but the record-buying masses took no notice whatsoever.

Anything Cathal Coughlan has done, be it his solo stuff or with Microdisney or The Fatima Mansions. Such a hilarious and witty songwriter not to mention a creator of superb melodies, but most people wouldn't have a clue who he is.
Good calls all around.

At least My Blody Valentine get the credit they deserve outside of ireland. Loveless constantly features on Topp 100 album lists. Saying that i think "isn't Anything" is as good if not better an album so maybe that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

I would also put Adrian Crowley's " A Northern Country" album in there. Realy atmospheric folk music. Now he is criminally underrated

agree with Rollerskate Skinny, I still listen to it a bit

Whipping Boy's Submarine was their best, but not many people bought it

think Rest's album never got the attention it deserved

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Csm Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼