Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Clare and their supporters are in no position to be lecturing anyone about the blight of diving in the game.

I've no idea if Buckley dived. I only saw the game in real time and haven't seen it back so missed the incident but linesman seemed pretty adamant about what happened.

I just think it's gas that Clare are so triggered over it, especially as it was their own mentor who started that whole sequence of messing.

I'd imagine themselves, Tipp and us will make the top 3. If both teams are good enough then we will be treated to a rematch and Clare can come again all guns blazing and take us on.

I hope they do and I hope our lads actually play to their potential the next time.

Clare and their supporters are in no position to be lecturing anyone about the blight of diving in the game.

I've no idea if Buckley dived. I only saw the game in real time and haven't seen it back so missed the incident but linesman seemed pretty adamant about what happened.
The link is posted here earlier on the thread, he went down like he was shot. It is a blight on the game be he from Cork or Clare or any county and needs to be called out. The fact that he was one of own players is irrelevant to what he did.

The link is posted here earlier on the thread, he went down like he was shot. It is a blight on the game be he from Cork or Clare or any county and needs to be called out. The fact that he was one of own players is irrelevant to what he did.
So if another player assaults you (even in a minor way like this incident), what are you supposed to do? Man up and take it letting him get away with it? Hit him back and risk being sent off? Something else?

In many ways, when an (even minor) assault happens, this is the perfect reaction. Teach him and his team a lesson that Cork will take no shit from anybody, and giving them shit will have consequences. If the minor contact hadn't happened or been instigated by the Clare man, the dive would be wrong. But for me, in this case, it's justified.

It's not 1970 anymore. Getting involved in brawls has consequences. But taking shit from an opposing player also has consequences. As much as we'd be annoyed if this happened to a Cork player, perhaps we should be asking why the player got involved with the opposition in the first place. Is this not the best way of dealing with that kind of unnecessary attempt at intimidation?

I don't agree TAN - Ben O'Connor led a team to U20 success last season.
His team won hard fought battles every day they played in Munster.
His senior credentials are fine but won't be tested until he gets a senior intercounty job.

I don't consider playing against the wind and being 6 behind a team after 20 or so minutes "a serious" hole.
Don't remember Clare creating goal chance after goal chance when they were in the ascendancy, rather them being more accurate and taking their points with the breeze.
Was not concerned that Cork were going to lose.

And on Clare's ill discipline - it was obvious to me, especially after the filthy blow that went unpunished on Ross O'Sullivan that Clare were losing control on the physical side and the game was going to bubble over.
That was before the Clare management led by example and egged their players on even further.
Players were overhyped by the management and that cost then.
So if we're talking about tests of managers credentials, look to facts, look to yourselves and your own manager before drumming up hypothetical situations for BOC to prove his.

None of the above means that I think Cork don't have lessons to learn from the game, I thought they were disappointing overall.
Touch was way off, looked like a team who were a bit stuck to the ground.
Work to do if they are to get to a MF.

They were a fantastic team last year, I dont know if they were under pressure in any game other than vs us in ennis and the munster final and even then we were chasing ye all night in the park and it was over and back in the gaelic grounds.
Friday night they were in a serious hole

On the ill discipline front i think thats pretty one eyed and excadurated. Naturally its a cork site so the views will be pretty lop sided but lads going mad because Keane celebrated winning the free is frankly silly.

There was no red card incident there .

If you want to nit pick it, and i have already said that i couldnt care less about it , but there is an absolutley clear rule that should have seen tobin red carded.
Its unambiguous. It doesnt matter that Fahy had the ball in his hand, Tobin cannot touch him. The rule is clear.
The red card was a nonsense. Opinions are irrelevant.
Keane was red carded for a head butt, Theres no head butt.

Attachments

• 1713212446123.png
    1713212446123.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 5
There was no reason for Keane to go near Buckley. No doubt about it. Regardless that we had won a free and play was stopped. He celebrated then moved towards buckley , i dont doubt words were exchanged and buckley was pissed off so he gave keane a slighht belt of his shoulder, Keane responded the same way .
I have not ignored it at all. I absolutely addressed that when i said you could call what he did offensive, but its not an offence in an earler post
Now that i have cleared that up you address what buckley was doing going down and spare me any old shite about being injured. If Buckley stands up there is no red card. Only a buffoon would say otherwise.
TAN - still ignoring that there was no reason at all for Keane to go anywhere near Buckley.
- still not in possession of any facts or comment from the linesman to tell us how he saw it.
- still just assuming he'd have done nothing if Buckley hadn't hit the deck.

They were a fantastic team last year, I dont know if they were under pressure in any game other than vs us in ennis and the munster final and even then we were chasing ye all night in the park and it was over and back in the gaelic grounds.
Friday night they were in a serious hole

On the ill discipline front i think thats pretty one eyed and excadurated. Naturally its a cork site so the views will be pretty lop sided but lads going mad because Keane celebrated winning the free is frankly silly.

There was no red card incident there .

If you want to nit pick it, and i have already said that i couldnt care less about it , but there is an absolutley clear rule that should have seen tobin red carded.
Its unambiguous. It doesnt matter that Fahy had the ball in his hand, Tobin cannot touch him. The rule is clear.
The red card was a nonsense. Opinions are irrelevant.
Keane was red carded for a head butt, Theres no head butt.
Looking at the TG4 footage it looked like there was. Not much of a headbutt, but it happened nonetheless. Is there some other footage?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Villagers
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place

3rd Dec 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jamsey

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼