Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Thinking about the game Wednesday, there's definitely a change in approach required alright.

We need at least one "big man" inside...our bigger forwards were in the half forwards who seemed to play deeper in mf from general play to assist with a running game.

We were way too slow moving the ball, too obsessed with running the ball and when the ball did go inside O Sullivan and Leahy were out muscled constantly. Both will do better in future.

In those conditions we could have moved one of Walsh or Cunningham inside and given us a better target.

I'd agree regarding Cunningham. A top player and a huge prospect but he needs to have more awareness of his team mates in possession to kick on to the next level.

I'd be sure the management will learn from the game. You could see the extra game had stood to Waterford so hopefully we will be better balanced and sharper for the next game.

I am told they have good backs and poor up front
We will win ,no problem

Why do you think it will be so easy?

I don't have much knowledge of their overall team but Jack Leamy is a really good forward and others such as David Fogarty and Tony Cahill can score. Then they have Paddy McCormack brother of Dan, who was probably the best forward in last years minor championship along with Offaly's Adam Screeney on Tipp's journey to winning the AI. Their minor team 3 years ago only lost narrowly to Limerick in the Munster final after extra time and Limerick had hammered Cork in Thurles.

Why do you think it will be so easy?

I don't have much knowledge of their overall team but Jack Leamy is a really good forward and others such as David Fogarty and Tony Cahill can score. Then they have Paddy McCormack brother of Dan, who was probably the best forward in last years minor championship along with Offaly's Adam Screeney on Tipp's journey to winning the AI. Their minor team 3 years ago only lost narrowly to Limerick in the Munster final after extra time and Limerick had hammered Cork in Thurles.
I am only going on what a man,who saw them play Clare told me

I see we can forget Ben O Connor playing in the championship has been picked for Ireland rugby u19s . what a shame.
He is u20 gain next year if the rugby does not work out.

I see we can forget Ben O Connor playing in the championship has been picked for Ireland rugby u19s . what a shame.
He is u20 gain next year if the rugby does not work out.

Yep looks like it, he hadn't been available to the U20's but oddly trained with the Seniors recently I believe.

Yep looks like it, he hadn't been available to the U20's but oddly trained with the Seniors recently I believe.
Was training with the seniors earlier in the year as well. Togged for them against UCC in the Canon O'Brien.

Not sure what socks/shorts he was wearing for those interested.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼