Cork Minor Hurling 2024

You are right, for example James Murray who was on Mylers 45 or so is on the city panel. I know on talking to our club they were asked to nominate, and some of the lads had to go through about 4 trials before making the panel, as someone said earlier there was an open application as well, but the trials weeded out those not at the races. If those elite players didnt want to be involved because they are too busy with other commitments then that's fine, but city I believe across April will be playing Down, Tipp and Wexford, so best of luck to those who turned up, and who knows theyll be able to say they played 'intercounty' when some of the 'elite' let that chance go by.......
He's not correct. All the best players are still involved. They only had to go to one trial & were put through. The later trials were to fill the last few spots and didn't include the better players.

You are right, for example James Murray who was on Mylers 45 or so is on the city panel. I know on talking to our club they were asked to nominate, and some of the lads had to go through about 4 trials before making the panel, as someone said earlier there was an open application as well, but the trials weeded out those not at the races. If those elite players didnt want to be involved because they are too busy with other commitments then that's fine, but city I believe across April will be playing Down, Tipp and Wexford, so best of luck to those who turned up, and who knows theyll be able to say they played 'intercounty' when some of the 'elite' let that chance go by.......
They might have gone in the city but not in all the other regions.

Cork u16s played cork city Celtic challenge a good tight game, Geary, Murray and Philips were good, although they took Geary off at ht he was strong throughout scored a point or twoand Philips off 10 mins into 2nd half he scored 2 nice points while on, but importantly had great work rate without the ball. Murray was moved back into Centre back and was excellent. First time seeing gearoid manning play a full game for them super speed. Seen enough of their games to see they’re not sending in enough ball to what looks to me to be a good forward line. Don’t know enough of the u16s to comment but they looked a strong team. Be interested if anyone has any other comments……

Cork u16s played cork city Celtic challenge a good tight game, Geary, Murray and Philips were good, although they took Geary off at ht he was strong throughout scored a point or twoand Philips off 10 mins into 2nd half he scored 2 nice points while on, but importantly had great work rate without the ball. Murray was moved back into Centre back and was excellent. First time seeing gearoid manning play a full game for them super speed. Seen enough of their games to see they’re not sending in enough ball to what looks to me to be a good forward line. Don’t know enough of the u16s to comment but they looked a strong team. Be interested if anyone has any other comments……
What club is Gearoid Manning from and what position does he play?

Last years Cork U-15's didn't look a strong team but they had some good individual players who are now mainly with the Cork minors.

I was listening to Red FM earlier. Tadhg Og Murphy from The Mon
He was talking about the u16 county the school won
I thought I heard him say that the Mon Harty team are training on Mondays for the 2024 Harty competition.

I was listening to Red FM earlier. Tadhg Og Murphy from The Mon
He was talking about the u16 county the school won
I thought I heard him say that the Mon Harty team are training on Mondays for the 2024 Harty competition.
And so they should be training. Build up the social and cultural side of the squad.

I heard the Cork minor team is selected for Thursday and there are now players made available to the Celtic Challenge Regional squads who were on the Cork minor panel of 36. Did anyone receive the team or panel of 25?

I heard the Cork minor team is selected for Thursday and there are now players made available to the Celtic Challenge Regional squads who were on the Cork minor panel of 36. Did anyone receive the team or panel of 25?
Looking at previous years, the official announcement of minor teams seems to be the day before the match (so Wednesday this week). Would be no surprise if the panel were told by now though. After 3 years or whatever, you can't imagine the lads who miss out would have huge enthusiasm for the Celtic Challenge, would take time to get your head into that new reality....

shergar

I believe it's all down to the players themselves and how keen they are to develop and play at a higher level. At least 2 players who didn't make last years Cork minor team were called up to this years Cork U-20 squad and I believe at least 1 of those is still involved. Not making the county minor team isn't the be all and end all, there's ample more time for development and often respective management get the selection wrong.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

James Keegan

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼