Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Pooman

What is the idea of the U-16 Championship so late, is it to keep players playing hurling over soccer and rugby? It interferes with players on the Cork minor squad unless they're exempt or can come and go as they please which I don't approve. I believe players in both codes up to inter-county U-16 decided recently between hurling and football for the Cork minor panels but I only heard of one player who chose hurling.
Think there was some minor final (C3 or something like that) which was delayed and that knocked on to the U16 championships delaying them for 2/3 weeks.
Don't think people are taking it too seriously to be honest. After first round of P1 hurling today the semis are: Sars v Douglas & Glen v Aghada.

Corkonian1

Kieran 'Fraggie Murphy (Manager - Sarsfields)
Sean Og O'Hailpin (Coach - Na Piarsaigh)
Martin Coleman (Selector - Ballinhassig)
James Nyhan (Selector - Cloyne)
Colman O'Reilly (Selector - Shanballymore)
Dave Long (Selector - Kinsale)
Denis Murphy (Logistics - Glen Rovers)

At least Fraggie picked the selectors from 4 different divisions that are predominantly hurling regions which is a good spread. Muskerry, Duhallow and Carbery divisions don't have a representative but then again they won't be expected to have players on the minor squad anyway maybe Ballincollig, Eire Og, and Bandon could be the exceptions.

I suppose Fraggie will coach the forwards.and Sean Og will coach the backs and mid-fielders.
Martin Coleman will also surely be a goalkeeping coach to the 2/3 'keepers in the squad.

TheEarlofPearl

FUad5Xm.jpeg

Gary Gray as coach.

Midcorkgael

Kieran 'Fraggie Murphy (Manager - Sarsfields)
Sean Og O'Hailpin (Coach - Na Piarsaigh)
Martin Coleman (Selector - Ballinhassig)
James Nyhan (Selector - Cloyne)
Colman O'Reilly (Selector - Shanballymore)
Dave Long (Selector - Kinsale)
Denis Murphy (Logistics - Glen Rovers)

At least Fraggie picked the selectors from 4 different divisions that are predominantly hurling regions which is a good spread. Muskerry, Duhallow and Carbery divisions don't have a representative but then again they won't be expected to have players on the minor squad anyway maybe Ballincollig, Eire Og, and Bandon could be the exceptions.

I suppose Fraggie will coach the forwards.and Sean Og will coach the backs and mid-fielders.
Martin Coleman will also surely be a goalkeeping coach to the 2/3 'keepers in the squad.
James Nyhan is a Bandon man so that's Carbery sorted.

Only 4 real hurling teams in Muskerry Scarra Collig Blarney and Eire og and are all bordering the city so Sean Og will have them covered.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St.

8th Jan 2023 @ 5:30 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

View more events ▼