Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Kieran 'Fraggie Murphy (Manager - Sarsfields)
Sean Og O'Hailpin (Coach - Na Piarsaigh)
Martin Coleman (Selector - Ballinhassig)
James Nyhan (Selector - Cloyne)
Colman O'Reilly (Selector - Shanballymore)
Dave Long (Selector - Kinsale)
Denis Murphy (Logistics - Glen Rovers)

At least Fraggie picked the selectors from 4 different divisions that are predominantly hurling regions which is a good spread. Muskerry, Duhallow and Carbery divisions don't have a representative but then again they won't be expected to have players on the minor squad anyway maybe Ballincollig, Eire Og, and Bandon could be the exceptions.

I suppose Fraggie will coach the forwards.and Sean Og will coach the backs and mid-fielders.
Martin Coleman will also surely be a goalkeeping coach to the 2/3 'keepers in the squad.

FUad5Xm.jpeg

Gary Gray as coach.

Kieran 'Fraggie Murphy (Manager - Sarsfields)
Sean Og O'Hailpin (Coach - Na Piarsaigh)
Martin Coleman (Selector - Ballinhassig)
James Nyhan (Selector - Cloyne)
Colman O'Reilly (Selector - Shanballymore)
Dave Long (Selector - Kinsale)
Denis Murphy (Logistics - Glen Rovers)

At least Fraggie picked the selectors from 4 different divisions that are predominantly hurling regions which is a good spread. Muskerry, Duhallow and Carbery divisions don't have a representative but then again they won't be expected to have players on the minor squad anyway maybe Ballincollig, Eire Og, and Bandon could be the exceptions.

I suppose Fraggie will coach the forwards.and Sean Og will coach the backs and mid-fielders.
Martin Coleman will also surely be a goalkeeping coach to the 2/3 'keepers in the squad.
James Nyhan is a Bandon man so that's Carbery sorted.

Only 4 real hurling teams in Muskerry Scarra Collig Blarney and Eire og and are all bordering the city so Sean Og will have them covered.

midcorkgael

Doesn't Nyhan live in Cloyne and he's gone out of Bandon/Carbery a very long time. I don't believe he represents Carbery as a Cork selector. However I'm not a selector and the best underage goalie I saw this year was John Buckley of Bandon and he did not.figure with Cork U-16's so IMO Nyhan and Co. should take a serious look at him for the panel.

Clonakilty U-15 player Oisin Hassett has great potential and should be involved with Cork minors over the next 2 years. He wasn't even on this year's Cork U-15 panel. Agree with your point regarding Sean Og and Muskerry.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼