Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If morale is low 'hell for leather' is unlikely to happen. The management were black in not even introducing O'Mahony last Sunday, I believe him starting in a 3 man mid-field with O'Connell and Coleman is the way to go with Dalton back and Fitzy centre-forward and Harnedy or Twomey with Connolly and O'Flynn inside. However I believe cranky corner's story to be correct and I will be surprised if O'Mahony starts and enough of the required changes are made. We will just have to wait and see the team that will be selected.
Ah here we go the old Cork 3 man midfield routine for a team that let's loose men run riot. Awaiting the "Quarter back " strategy.

I think our forwards need pace to match the speed of Clare's backline. They're very quick.
2 of the 3 are definitely so for me it's either Harnedy or Kingston you're starting.
As posters have said it's hell for leather so we need to have fast forwards on from the start.

I'd be going with
Deccie Dalton, Darragh Fitz, Robbie O Flynn
Kingston/Harnedy, Connolly, Barrett.

2 man full forward line of Connolly and Barrett. Both like running into space to get the ball.
Kingston/Harnedy roams forward line so we have constant runners off the shoulder at Half Forward line or runners in off Connolly/Barrett to create goal chances.

We saw Clare's self destruction, they went flat when Tony Kelly came on. Sometimes bringing on a marquee forward or an impact sub does not work either.

I think we might see two changes, possibly three. Wholesale changes spark of panic and disruption. As bad as we were, and we were bad, we still were within a score of Waterford.
IMO Hoggy and Lehane to lose out, Robbie and either Dalton (if fit) or Kingston to come in.
A massive clamour for Tim O'Mahony and yes maybe rightly so, just not sure he brings with him a whole pile more than those already playing and is also someone who struggles for consistency.
I do think the management will be fairly ruthless this Sunday, they will have to be, its do or die. Not performing I don't think you'll make it to half time.

We will win Sunday. Remove the emotion from this lads.

Think logically. What sports team can you best compare us to? The English football team with their golden generation back in the day of course.

Fans of grand delusion that think we can bate em all. Saying that our team will win it out. That we are the ones to knock the greats off their perch.

An awful first round will be followed by a ‘performance’ in the next game. Then the narrative. WE ARE BACK BABY, WE ARE BAAAAAACK. The usual suspects here saying they knew we were as good as any, they could feel it in their bones over the winter. They’ll say we were all to pessimistic after Waterford, and how dare anyone question if Lord Patrick has anything left to offer us. Damien Cahalane will be one of Corks all time great warriors and we finally know our best team.

Fast forward to being beaten by a score a man the next two days out. Sure at least we have the club championship. Followed by it’s a long winter lads. What do we think our best 15 is gonna be next year, I really feel like we will win it. I know we didn’t qualify last year and only won one game but we would have won the All Ireland had we have got out of Munster.

Bla bla bla. WE ARE CORK!

Never mind! Connolly will get a hat trick on Sunday and rescue us. Joyce will deliver a superlative performance, and Coleman and Fitz run at Clare defense. Hoggy, Lehane and Harnedy roll back the years, and pop over points from all angles.The night is darkest before the dawn.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Dan O Keeffe

Seventy Seven, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼