Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Difference yesterday was a coach who gets most from his players versus one who doesn't. County board should move mountains to get Davy in next year if he leaves Waterford. He is a proven winner and let's face it we are heading towards 20 years without an all Ireland and have forgotten how to win.
Apart from his doubtful part in the 2013 win, Dayy Fitz has never been a winner at inter-county level. Indeed he probably lost Cork Camogie the All-Ireland when he was their manager/coach. Cork were a point up in that match, going into the last minute of injury time and had a free in front of Kilkenny's goals. A Kilkenny player was down in injured and while she was being attended to, Davy went around to as many of the Cork players as he could giving them his peerless advice. Cork scored from the

Sunday should be electric in the park now. Looking forward to it. Waterford down there was never going to be a given, especially since Cork do not know their best 15 to start. PR will have learnt alot no doubt and hopefully we get the result on Sunday & the chaos here may subside, Clare are more damaged than Cork coming into this imo. Left Limerick off the hook.
Don’t eat all the Happy Monday pills Rebel. Keep some for the rest of us.
That’s one of Waterfords poorest set ups in over 10 years. We made Davy’s circus show look credible. I’m afraid to say Cork management haven’t learnt anything much over the last 15 months. The 15 named yesterday shows that.
Clare are Clare. They absolutely shit themselves yesterday. I hope Dalo is still collecting the dung they left after em in Ennis

Last edited:
Sunday should be electric in the park now. Looking forward to it. Waterford down there was never going to be a given, especially since Cork do not know their best 15 to start. PR will have learnt alot no doubt and hopefully we get the result on Sunday & the chaos here may subside, Clare are more damaged than Cork coming into this imo. Left Limerick off the hook.
Not sure I'd be confident there
Ryan learnt nothing from last year with moving TOC wing back
TOC was cleaned on puck outs in the Pairc and unfortunately was again for the black card penalty

Apart from his doubtful part in the 2013 win, Dayy Fitz has never been a winner at inter-county level. Indeed he probably lost Cork Camogie the All-Ireland when he was their manager/coach. Cork were a point up in that match, going into the last minute of injury time and had a free in front of Kilkenny's goals. A Kilkenny player was down in injured and while she was being attended to, Davy went around to as many of the Cork players as he could giving them his peerless advice. Cork scored from the
Your bill must have been cut off as can't wait to hear end of this story.
Now is the time to get Davy and have him lined up for next year before he is gobbled up by Galway or Clare.
This season is write off so let's rebuild for next year with a new manager and fresh ideas. 4 or 5 lads not up to it at this level. Need a strong spine Nd we don't have that. Lads are getting picked on who they know or their club instead of ability.

People can argue about the merits of Davy Fitzgerald or the lack of them.

One thing is for sure however, his team yesterday were highly motivated, very strong and fit and stuck to a successful game plan.
Compared to our "rabbits in the headlights " Waterford looked like a serious team... which they are not in my opinion.

I am not advocating for Davy btw, I think it will be Ben O Connor next and that should be interesting.

From a review of the posts, it seems that the cry for Davy to Cork is that he can organise a team and players know their role. This can make an average team good so the sense is if he got his hands on our team (made up of good individuals but no collectively) we could go places.

To not qualify for the AI Series for the second year running should be a crisis point for Cork hurling.

The supporters should revolt against the County Board and management.

One other gripe I had about yesterday, and maybe I'm being too critical of AC, but with Cork trailing by three points and deep into injury time, we get a free about 70 yards out - long go that would have been hit "in around the houses" in the hope of engineering a goal from a flick or a 21 yard free or the like. Yesterday it was just driven over the bar as though to say "look we mightn't win or get a draw, but we're close". I'd have thought at that stage a draw would have been a good result and I've little doubt the ref would have blown for full time had we equalised.

At least that's the way I saw it. 🤷‍♂️

People can argue about the merits of Davy Fitzgerald or the lack of them.

One thing is for sure however, his team yesterday were highly motivated, very strong and fit and stuck to a successful game plan.
Compared to our "rabbits in the headlights " Waterford looked like a serious team... which they are not in my opinion.

I am not advocating for Davy btw, I think it will be Ben O Connor next and that should be interesting.
Davy with Ben as his number 2 would be a very strong appointment. Far stronger than what we have at present. If some generous business person could back our heroes I am sure we would be back up the steps of the Hogan stand very soon. As it stand we may get used to being out of the championship in April if we persist with those who have failed year in year out .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼