Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m Dillons (said Mayfield in response to R&B suggesting I’d get us in trouble 😂). I heard that too. Both clubs in a difficult spot underage but at different stages. A conversation for another day!
Ok. Ya it was a bit ridiculous in the 2 local clubs not joining up.

I wouldn't mind that Barrs R&B Erins own wannabe

Now lads ye might all ask what has this to do with the Cork Senior Hurlers. A lot actually. I’ve shown a few ways that Rebel Óg does not work for smaller clubs. It’s these clubs should be getting the leg up. The bigger clubs have enough resources of their own. No doubt they have challenges but city hurling is fucked and the Co Board and Rebel Óg need to be seriously helping the likes of Vincent’s, Mayfield, Delanys, Dillons etc.

Now lads ye might all ask what has this to do with the Cork Senior Hurlers. A lot actually. I’ve shown a few ways that Rebel Óg does not work for smaller clubs. It’s these clubs should be getting the leg up. The bigger clubs have enough resources of their own. No doubt they have challenges but city hurling is fucked and the Co Board and Rebel Óg need to be seriously helping the likes of Vincent’s, Mayfield, Delanys, Dillons etc.
Cranky, that is all true but clubs need to help themselves in the first place. Far be it for me to preach to ye but it’s criminal that yerselves and Mayfield and Delaneys haven’t come together at underage to give yer kids a better chance at sticking with the game

I hear their is trouble in yere field. Instead of imalgamating with Dillions underage drawing a line in the sand of rivalry, a few coaches opted to team up with Dripsey causing agro with training sessions in Mayfield/Dripsey 50/50 and a few young players looking to transfer.
Mayfield/Dripsey? Hardly, they're not even close to each other.

Tis' almost like the county board dont want people to support the fcuking teams 🤔🤔
Clubs can find a day, time that suits both.
I wouldn't mind a game on early Sunday, especially if it was in east Cork or on the way. Game in Waterford not till 4 so you'd be down.
But anyone at a game in Timoleague at 12.30 isn't going to Waterford.
Bit surprised at Cloyne, I'd have always classed them as serious hurling followers. Maybe not same interest with nobody involved in panel.

Dillons and Delanys have. I’ve pretty much doxxed myself here (don’t care!) so won’t say too much but in my opinion for Mayfield and Dillons to join up at any level is still a generation away from being considered.
I understand exactly what you are saying but with respect ye might not have the time to wait another generation, it’s obvious the older generation who have built yer clubs have a strong say in what happens, and as long as they are in place it’s not going to change. It really needs strong leadership from prominent guys in the next generation down to open their eyes. Delaneys almost disappeared at underage, and the other two are in precarious positions unless ye swallow yer pride

Northside Gaels playing in a red, blue and white strip has a nice feel to it

My shot at team for Sunday
PC
SOD DC RD
GM CJ MC
TOC DF
ST CL SB
ROF AC PH
Good options off the bench.
A lot depends on how lads are going at training, practice games and injuries. A free taker must be on as Kingston out & Dalton might be too.
Either way, full support to whoever starts or finishes. They're all sacrificing a lot to wear the red & white and they'll be trying their very best. Rebels Abú

Cranky, that is all true but clubs need to help themselves in the first place. Far be it for me to preach to ye but it’s criminal that yerselves and Mayfield and Delaneys haven’t come together at underage to give yer kids a better chance at sticking with the game
Support in training youths may fall down in some smaller clubs but Rebelog should be looking for ways to improve this as Cranky stated on the high importance for the future with youths. It probably doesn't help small clubs in City when some tip down the road to a bigger club and get lost in the bigger club numbers later to pack in GAA at a young age. FAI plan to play youth soccer in summer offers further challenges probably more towards country clubs with the same players involved in both.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼