Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Does Davy know any different but to apply a sweeper
He once played with two :lol!:
Not a fan my self but I always thought the one time ever we should have played with one was against Tipp in 2019 u21 AI final. At least for the first half anyway. Tipp had put 8 or 9 goals past Wexford in the S/F and it was clear they would go for goals early.

why in the name of fuck they would need a sweeper with that defence is beyond me.
Push leavy to midfield and pair Kiely and hutchison inside and you have serious outfit.

which bennet?
Stephen was really struggling recently. Picking a sweeper with him up front is the same as having 4 forwards when cork have the ball
Stephen.

Ya, strong HB line isn’t it.

They’ll change formation a few times over the course of the game, they often do the first 15 mins in orthodox formation. They’ll do what you outline above for a period of the game for sure

Chatting to deise cousin…
Their likely side based on challenge last weekend ( vs Wexford I think)
Nolan
Mark fitz. Prunty. Kenny
————-Leavy——-
Fagan. De Burca. C lyons
Montgomery. Barron
Prendergast. M Kiely. Bennett
——-Patrick Fitz. Hutchinson

De Burca best player on the pitch apparently.
That's a very strong starting 15. However I'd be very sceptical of their bench options.

I'd be nervous enough heading down there. They beat Tipp last year when they could easily have checked out as their year was already done.
They were getting hosed against us in the league game in the 20 minutes after halftime yet fought back and could have snatched a win.
Regardless of all the chatter we hear about how poor they are doing and how the Waterford public are disengaged with the team, there is clearly still a nucleus of a serious team there that believe they can achieve something.

He once played with two :lol!:
Not a fan my self but I always thought the one time ever we should have played with one was against Tipp in 2019 u21 AI final. At least for the first half anyway. Tipp had put 8 or 9 goals past Wexford in the S/F and it was clear they would go for goals early.
DF played TWO sweepers against Carlow

Nothing wrong with debating the team and questioning why certain players should be in or out. Like any other sport, it's a game of opinions. No need for the Holy Trinity stuff though.

That's a very strong starting 15. However I'd be very sceptical of their bench options.

I'd be nervous enough heading down there. They beat Tipp last year when they could easily have checked out as their year was already done.

They were getting hosed against us in the league game in the 20 minutes after halftime yet fought back and could have snatched a win.
Regardless of all the chatter we hear about how poor they are doing and how the Waterford public are disengaged with the team, there is clearly still a nucleus of a serious team there that believe they can achieve something.
Yep, definitely nervy.
I'd discount our league game against them completely.
Only Davy knows what they were up to that day.

You'd wonder though how much belief Waterford players have in themselves?

We killed Waterford for first 2/3 of league game when they wouldn't push up on puckouts, cant see them repeating that & they somehow let loads of room down the centre for JOC breaks

Good news on the injury front.
Deccie is now potentially in contention to start on Sunday.
P Power is back in full training with the squad
Coleman, ROF and Sean Twomey are all fit and ready.
The only 2 missing are Kingston and Cathal McCarthy who is out for the season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼