Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Diarmaid Healy was excellent last year and he isn’t small. He looks like a potential senior.
Not a chance of progressing without a lot more strength and aggression. Seemed like we’re trying to play a type of hurling that is long gone. Clare were superb for the first 20 minutes blowing us off the ball all over the pitch. They were always likely to have a player sent off though. Thought the tackle on Ross was ridiculous.

Jury is still out on that.
I agree. A great talent (probably better than any of the others named), but has been a bit hot and cold so far at U20 level. Scored four points from play in an AI final, but that was when his team was going well and he was being fed lovely ball. Likewise last night he looked ordinary until Cork went a man up, then he cut loose and was excellent.

All that said, this year he is on the age at U20, and like Ben C the previous year he might grow into the leader of this team in his final year at this grade.

A week to go and things are very quiet on here! Are we a little apprehensive? We have every reason to be

Waterford may not have a great championship record over the past few years but they are always a team that cause us problems with their running game and unorthodox tactics

On paper we are better than them but games are not won on paper. Waterford will try keep things tight and make it into a battle. Going on past spring visits the pitch won’t be in great nick either which will suit them down to the ground

We have to be ready for them and meet fire with fire and pick our team accordingly

Presuming everyone bar Kingston is fit, this is the team I would start

PCollins
EDowney, DCahalane, SODonoghue
GMillerick CJoyce RDowney
TOConnell TOMahony
DDalton DFitzgibbon STwomey
SBarrett AConnolly PHorgan

MColeman, ROFlynn, BHayes, SHarnedy all to come on and do damage in the second half. None of them dropped, championship is now a 20 man game

PS I don’t see the selectors going with my team seeing as they threw it back in my face when I handed it to them 🤣. in fact I think they will start at least one player I haven’t even named above, and another 4 or 5 could easily come on, that’s how strong we are now and whatever team they pick let’s all get behind them

The championship nerves are building

A week to go and things are very quiet on here! Are we a little apprehensive? We have every reason to be

Waterford may not have a great championship record over the past few years but they are always a team that cause us problems with their running game and unorthodox tactics

On paper we are better than them but games are not won on paper. Waterford will try keep things tight and make it into a battle. Going on past spring visits the pitch won’t be in great nick either which will suit them down to the ground

We have to be ready for them and meet fire with fire and pick our team accordingly

Presuming everyone bar Kingston is fit, this is the team I would start

PCollins
EDowney, DCahalane, SODonoghue
GMillerick CJoyce RDowney
TOConnell TOMahony
DDalton DFitzgibbon STwomey
SBarrett AConnolly PHorgan

MColeman, ROFlynn, BHayes, SHarnedy all to come on and do damage in the second half. None of them dropped, championship is now a 20 man game

PS I don’t see the selectors going with my team seeing as they threw it back in my face when I handed it to them 🤣. in fact I think they will start at least one player I haven’t even named above, and another 4 or 5 could easily come on, that’s how strong we are now and whatever team they pick let’s all get behind them

The championship nerves are building
I’m very apprehensive. Going down there with Waterford being written off by everyone despite them having played with a very weakened team in the league. They’ll be a different animal next week I’m absolutely certain. They’ll see Cork at home as winnable too. We’d better be ready.

I’m very apprehensive. Going down there with Waterford being written off by everyone despite them having played with a very weakened team in the league. They’ll be a different animal next week I’m absolutely certain. They’ll see Cork at home as winnable too. We’d better be ready.
This will be down to the leaders in the group to drill it home to the rest, the likes of Hoggy, Damien and Seamus will have a huge role this week in preparing the younger fellas

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Pretty Limited

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼