Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agree but fire with fire has to be a mentality from the entire set-up and management should be key but they weren't last year and there isn't any sign they're going to be any different this year. There wasn't a dickiebird out of Pat Ryan regarding the two assaults on Fitzy you refer, I was sitting very close to the Maher assault and I couldn't believe passive reaction from the Cork dugout. When management send players into the trenches then they have to back them up, that's not in Cork's DNA under successive managements.
Be great to see Cork players backing each other up more this year. I think we will.

Completely agree. If one of our lads is hit or bullied his teammates need to step in and set the tone. We won’t be bullied.
I love the cut in the Downey brothers,
Joyce has put on muscle,
TOM has put on muscle which others have mentioned would suit midfield if he can reign in the fouling.
TOC while not the tallest has bigger shoulders this year.
Daltons a tank.
S Twomey is strong.
Connelly has put on muscle.
ROF is no push over.
Coleman looks stronger this year.
Even JOC put on muscle.

If we get our mindset right, and back each other, we may see a new Cork emerge.

I love the cut in the Downey brothers,
Joyce has put on muscle,
TOM has put on muscle which others have mentioned would suit midfield if he can reign in the fouling.
TOC while not the tallest has bigger shoulders this year.
Daltons a tank.
S Twomey is strong.
Connelly has put on muscle.
ROF is no push over.
Coleman looks stronger this year.
Even JOC put on muscle.

If we get our mindset right, and back each other, we may see a new Cork emerge.
I couldn't believe the size of Joyce recently - for a 22 year old he has his body in the condition of a fella 3 or 4 years older.. he's an absolute thoroughbred in the flesh, where none of the muscle will limit his movement but he can take and give the hits, break the tackle etc. perfect for the 6 position.

You left out SOD - he's another animal altogether to Joyce, savage amount of meat on him but I cant see him taking it any further out the field! The difference in his physicality and some of the inside forwards he's marking is beginning to show. DC is similar but he's faced with tanks most weeks

The Downeys are an entirely different proposition altogether! They love the tough stuff and seek out contact.. love being in a fellas face. Neither are particularly stacked but they wont take a single step backwards either - brilliant hurlers the pair of them, but seriously smart in how they go about it

The only one of the back line that isn't physically imposing is Mellerick, but he his movement and hurling are top notch

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼