Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Again the very idea that fellas here think a 2 man FF line will work against Limerick literally walking into their hands as they build their Hybrid throw pass game out and pick points off at will.
1. We cannot go with Horgan and Lehane and Harnedy starting
2. It needs to be high octane pressing.

You all know this. Stop languishing in the dark ages with the failed batshit experimental Quarter back/3rd man/Free Role non entities.

2024 calls for a bravery. Not a time for Shitting the Underpants.
TBF, you've shown bravery yourself to come back here after being called on your BS a few days back.

Wow, that's a lot of negativity from you there Rekcuf. You obviously rate Tipp and Clare as superior to us, wondering what you base that on. Clare will not win down the Pairc, they never do. Not sure Cahill even knows his best team and is still very dependent on a few stalwarts. I think these Cork boys will jog up to Thurles with absolutely no fear. I wouldn't even be too sure that Limerick will beat us at home. This is us, the 30 best hurlers in the County battling for the start or at least a place on the bench, no more than we can ask for. Maybe some positivity, even a modicum would be better. Otherwise we can join you and don't even bother turning up. Cork for Liam.
Reckuf is a shite WUM.. all negativity and no constructive input ever

Pay no heed

It's a strange thing that the GAA spend half their IC season playing a competition nobody cares about, and then another month playing two competitions, one of which we already know will be won by KK or Galway. It's long past time that the championship and league were amalgamated, to give everybody the same chance and no more leg ups for KK. The league should be two groups of five, each team plays the four others home and away, and only two qualify from each group. The Provincial championships could be like the FA cup, a side show run in tandem, that can be used as managers see fit. Some will take it seriously, others won't. Would make for a serious contest where every game meant something.

But, as the Munster Championship is the only show in town, I'm calling Cork, Limerick and Tipp to qualify. Limerick are AI champions and less likely to stopped in Munster, Tipp and Cork will improve more than Waterford and Clare. And of course, I could easily be proven wrong. KK and Galway will advance from the other pitiful 'competition.' On that, I won't be wrong. Wexford will go through with them, and that too is near certain.

The game I'm most looking forward to is Clare. I think we owe them one for their refusal to help us out with a fixture last year. I'd like to think that if their county board was carrying a huge debt, we wouldn't whine about going to Ennis.

I think the interesting question now is what has PR held in reserve for ch'ship. Last season he never played Darragh Fitzgibbon centre forward in the league and all of a sudden chose him there in the first game of Munster. Surely he will have something up his sleeve that he hasn't shown us up to this point.
The management could play Darragh at centre-forward and Tim O'Mahony at mid-field and Tim's greater physacility should compliment Tommy somewhat more than Darragh. The other likely options for No. 11 are Harnedy and Lehane.

I will be surprised if Coleman, O'Flynn or Twomey start v Waterford although there supposed to be mending well. They would need to be shooting the lights out at training and in the couple of challenge games they'll play based on their lack of league game time.

On another note I always thought the panel selected for the league was a bit too big especially.when taking into account there are only 2 'keepers compared to 3 last year although last years panel was bigger again. There are at least 1 or 2 players who played in the league and are rather highly expected to make the cut who won't make the cut of 25/26 players for championship, which will be rather disappointing for them guys but as they say 'that's life', 'that's sport'. There are another 10 players who one could say make up the extended panel and among those Ben Cunningham and Conor Cahalane are injured and Daire O'Leary didn't figure for some unknown reason and the other 7 received game time.

U
The management could play Darragh at centre-forward and Tim O'Mahony at mid-field and Tim's greater physacility should compliment Tommy somewhat more than Darragh. The other likely options for No. 11 are Harnedy and Lehane.

I will be surprised if Coleman, O'Flynn or Twomey start v Waterford although there supposed to be mending well. They would need to be shooting the lights out at training and in the couple of challenge games they'll play based on their lack of league game time.

On another note I always thought the panel selected for the league was a bit too big especially.when taking into account there are only 2 'keepers compared to 3 last year although last years panel was bigger again. There are at least 1 or 2 players who played in the league and are rather highly expected to make the cut who won't make the cut of 25/26 players for championship, which will be rather disappointing for them guys but as they say 'that's life', 'that's sport'. There are another 10 players who one could say make up the extended panel and among those Ben Cunningham and Conor Cahalane are injured and Daire O'Leary didn't figure for some unknown reason and the other 7 received game time.
I’d also like to see Tim midfield and Darragh at 11 as well, so surely this weekend was our chance to take a look at this? The game was won early on, so why not push Darragh to 11 and bring Tim into MF instead of letting Fitz out there until he was gassed, and giving Tim about 10 minutes in a match that was dead

I don't think Pat Ryan will be picking any players or positions based on these league games.
These games were just important for getting game time into injured returning players.
Pat Ryan will be well aware from training what positions players are capable off and can perform in. Pedestrian league games against poor opposition won't be changing that.

I’d also like to see Tim midfield and Darragh at 11 as well, so surely this weekend was our chance to take a look at this? The game was won early on, so why not push Darragh to 11 and bring Tim into MF instead of letting Fitz out there until he was gassed, and giving Tim about 10 minutes in a match that was dead

I don't think Pat Ryan will be picking any players or positions based on these league games.
These games were just important for getting game time into injured returning players.
Pat Ryan will be well aware from training what positions players are capable off and can perform in. Pedestrian league games against poor opposition won't be changing that.
Not sure about that, training is all well and good but nothing replaces matches. The league is something we have always used to try things out and have a look at lads in different positions, try tactics etc.. it’s the ideal format for it!

What did Cork try out this year?
Any players tried in a really different position?
I suppose you could count new "hand signals" puckouts, maybe.
I would hope the AvB games would have more intensity, battle than games against Wexford, Offaly and a poor Waterford side.
Probably a pity that we had Clare and Kilkenny first

Not sure about that, training is all well and good but nothing replaces matches. The league is something we have always used to try things out and have a look at lads in different positions, try tactics etc.. it’s the ideal format for it!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

2nd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼