Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Time to adopt rugby like techniques to help referees. This is 2024 not 1924, and the technology is out there. I was talking to a Tyrone former player the other day, and still feels aggrieved that Tyrone were denied an all Ireland in 1995 as referee falsely judged canavan picked ball off ground, disallowing a goal. JBM still brings up the atrocious Johnny Moloney refereeing of cork/Kerry in 1976. Galway last weekend had 3 sent off against Dublin… Enough already!!

Did you see the sendings off for Galway. They can have no complaints

I’m seeing a lot of comments saying Lehane would make a great impact off the bench. I’m struggling to think of him ever making a good impact off the bench. He came on last year against Limerick and wasn’t good, should have worked a late chance back out but shot from a bad angle. He come on in the 2020 knock out match vs Tipp and was a disaster. I don’t think he should start but I don’t get this idea that if he doesn’t that he’ll be a great sub, history would suggest he won’t. If he is to play, I think he might be better getting the first 40-45 mins.

I’m seeing a lot of comments saying Lehane would make a great impact off the bench. I’m struggling to think of him ever making a good impact off the bench. He came on last year against Limerick and wasn’t good, should have worked a late chance back out but shot from a bad angle. He come on in the 2020 knock out match vs Tipp and was a disaster. I don’t think he should start but I don’t get this idea that if he doesn’t that he’ll be a great sub, history would suggest he won’t. If he is to play, I think he might be better getting the first 40-45 mins.
I was one of them and in hindsight you are right, my point really is I wouldn’t start him either but he could be an option coming on but not one of the first subs for me

Need VAR asap
Still confused how Rob Downey got a yellow card last Sunday. He fell easily but he was tackled high. In Wexford/Waterford game, Wexford player was punched (albeit lightly) in the face, and Waterford awarded a free in. It goes on and on. I have heard GAA is considering introduction of paid referees with training and accountability. Anything is better than the Owens debacle. If GAA can build 100 million stadia, they can introduce VAR and paid referees!

3 reds all day, good calls by ref. Jesus who would be a ref ffs with the abuse they get. They make mistakes, some days the calls favour one team, another day, the other team.
One good thing as a Galway supporter mentioned…. He’s been waiting 41 years to beat Dublin with 12 men . Referring to the infamous all Ireland football final when Dublin beat Galway with 3 sent off!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼