Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't like to name names as I think it just adds to the pressure. These guys are in their early 20s and, contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't at all surprise me if they end up on the net taking what we say far too seriously. It should be fairly obvious though. Look at all the names who have joined the panel over the past three years and are still on it. For me, there's only one who I would be almost positive doesn't have the ability to be more than a journeyman at this level and again, I won't name him.

I've no idea who the starting six forwards will be. I couldn't name a single player who's likely to start - not even Hoggy or Lehane.

Joyce isn't at the elite level ... yet.

I'm not sure we'll steamroll Offaly tomorrow either. The league is too hard to predict. They'll surely have seen us, Waterford, and Wexford as the only sides they had a chance of beating, so they may have eased up on heavy training. The reverse might be true for us. Look at their performance against KK. KK probably saw that as a game they'd win, and Offaly saw it the same way. That might be why they tired towards the end. Don't get me wrong, we need a serious performance from a lot of the lads named. And if we don't win fairly comforatbly, the absence of that performance will be a blow.
I’ll leave it at this. We’ve nobody of the calibre of Tony Kelly, Adrian Mullen, Conor Whelan or Jake Morris. I honestly don’t see any young forwards bursting through fo change that. I do hope I’m wrong.

At what stage do we stop blaming our management teams and start believing that we just aren’t good enough? Not saying we aren’t good enough just yet but we love to blame a manager. Don’t @ me about winning under 20s either. Sometimes it just doesn’t translate and winning them is having the best team in the age, not across a generation.
Complete rubbish. If we don't get out of Munster this year, it'll be the first time in our history, we failed to do so ,back-to-back. Buck will stop with management for that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼