Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Did anyone see on the line yesterday Cork were bringing on no.s 23 and 26.... during the week the names on those jerseys were Conor Cahalane and Alan Connolly ...only 26 Alan Connolly came on ...no 23 in the programme was Conor O Callaghan ...so i guess it meant Cahalane could not come on as he was not named on the programme and O Callaghan was not on the line .

Every game is different, no point in trying to compare one with the other.
I think we run the risk on here of being a bit disrespectful to Waterford. They are a strong hurling county with some very good players.
They should have beaten Limerick last year and did beat Tipp.

Valid points all of the above.
I couldn't get over how poor Waterford looked at times yesterday. Talk about over doing it. Of course they have a few to come back.

Valid points all of the above.
I couldn't get over how poor Waterford looked at times yesterday. Talk about over doing it. Of course they have a few to come back.
We have a few to come back also. Dalton, Fitz, Cunningham, TOM,Mullins, E. Twomey, O’ Donoghue, should be available. It will be interesting to see the team named against Offaly. Rob Downey at half back, Coleman at midfield,Fitz in half forwards,and Connolly at full forward! Collins, E Downey, DC, O’ Donoghue, GM, CJ, RD, Dalton,Coleman, Cunningham,Fitz, STwomey, Hayes, Connolly, JOC

We have a few to come back also. Dalton, Fitz, Cunningham, TOM,Mullins, E. Twomey, O’ Donoghue, should be available. It will be interesting to see the team named against Offaly. Rob Downey at half back, Coleman at midfield,Fitz in half forwards,and Connolly at full forward! Collins, E Downey, DC, O’ Donoghue, GM, CJ, RD, Dalton,Coleman, Cunningham,Fitz, STwomey, Hayes, Connolly, JOC
Hoggy, Harnedy, Mullins, ET, Barrett TOC,TOM,Kingston, E. Roche would complete an interesting panel.

I had a look at the panel that was named for the last championship game we played
Of the 26 named. Ger Collins, Cadogan and Power are gone. ROF, Coleman, O Callaghan, Connolly are back
Barring injuries and those four back on the panel and Saunderson coming in, there isn't a whole pile of room for any one else unless more will dropped, who though?

Hey North Cork.
You're an excellent poster on here.
Were you at the game? I watched on tv and I know to do a full analysis, its best to be there and then watch on tv after.

I have to question your Coleman and Barrett playing well. Maybe its the tv vs being there impact.
Coleman, as I watched on tv, was bang average as explained in an earlier post. Our defenders have to be able to defend and Coleman is not a man marking blocking, hooking wing back like Mellerick or Downey. I wish he was because his skill level on form is crazy high.
Barrett worked damn hard, won alot of ball, all positive, the negative which us frustrating is giving anyway too many fees and poor shooting. He should have nailed his 2 shoots for points in 2nd half but didnt. His shooting must improve and hasnt really improved since his fldominant u20 performances.
Barrett has been inaccurate for a few seasons now. It isn’t good enough at this level. Conor Lehane has not performed on the big games in recent years, and probably both will be on subs bench.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼