Cork Hurlers - Part 2

O Connor showing some form and gaining confidence was the main positive from today, plus seeing Connolly back on the field.
Interesting to hear Pat Ryan in post match interview say that Jack was going well in training and was disappointed that he had not got game time in earlier games. He’s probably nailed his place in the 26 now and has two games to land a first 15 spot. Hayes showed plenty hurling too, which is good to see given our shortage of stand out forward options.
He has in his ring. He was great today but he’s got to back it up again and again. Definitely an option now though

How can you nail down a place in the Championship 26 after 1 decent performance . Oh wait it's Cork.
The old guard are bowing out slowly bar possibly Harnedy. Millerick the best Corner back on the panel.

I was there and Jack O Connor and Ger Mellerick were streets ahead of all other Cork players. Joyce and Hayes were also decent and made big contributions. The 2 Downeys did well when introduced and are close to starting imo. Saunderson looked out of his depth so Collins is back for sure. Tommy started well but faded. Roche was anonymous. The old brigade struggled I thought ( Lehane, Harnedy and Hoggy) - all showed signs of the miles on the clock so surely there’s only 1 starting spot come championship. Our puck out strategy will crucify us. 8-12 are a huge cause for concern. This was a poor Waterford team and if the game had gone on another 2 minutes……….

Just some random thoughts.

We should have hammered them. They were poor. Please god we’ll never wear that shite jersey again. Imagine playing at home and wearing that. FFS should be banned. Small things matter.

I was there and Jack O Connor and Ger Mellerick were streets ahead of all other Cork players. Joyce and Hayes were also decent and made big contributions. The 2 Downeys did well when introduced and are close to starting imo. Saunderson looked out of his depth so Collins is back for sure. Tommy started well but faded. Roche was anonymous. The old brigade struggled I thought ( Lehane, Harnedy and Hoggy) - all showed signs of the miles on the clock so surely there’s only 1 starting spot come championship. Our puck out strategy will crucify us. 8-12 are a huge cause for concern. This was a poor Waterford team and if the game had gone on another 2 minutes……….

Just some random thoughts.
Out of his depth . FFS give a fella a chance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼