Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sl
Reality check.

I give it a week before we forget about this and start looking down our noses at Clare again. Lads talking here all winter like the Clare game in Munster is 2 points in the bag.

I’m telling ye lads, we didn’t look like the 2nd best team in the country like a few of ye said we were after last year 😂😂😂
Clare missing Kelly and Conlon. We need Connolly in full forward line. Hoggy is still main man up there

Time to trust our younger players . Time to stop playing fellas who have failed again and again . Thanks and goodbye to Lehane . Kingston a last 15 minute sub only . If we try our younger players and give them a chance it won't be any worse than this . Joyce and O'Connell can hold their heads up . The rest NO . Serious questions about our set up, tactics and sideline management.

Finally , pick forwards who will stop a player coming out with the ball .

Without blaming any players etc I said yesterday we need balance in team and I thought was well balanced.
Only 50% or so have a chance of starting come championship.
Tactics all over the shop.
Pat Ryan comes under scrutiny before any player in my opinion.
The players rallied when 8 down, they seemed to go away from what they played in the first 10/15 of 2nd half.
Which to me sounds like they were going to give it a shot from HT till it failed and they did their own thing.

Disappointing but at least we showed a bit of bottle, I thought we were going to fold and be well beaten at one stage,
did hit some great points but never looked like getting a goal when we always needed one.

Good grit, joyce looks to be back to his best, terribly inconsistent refereeing, awful performance by most and hopefully some we will never seen in red again and clare deserved to win by more. But other than that one to forget and move on to kilk next week in a proper stadium.

There’s pressure on now to have a big performance next Saturday in the Pairc. It seems a pattern where when the opposition is on top we really struggle to slow them down, to get a point to break the momentum.

silly season is here, for me anyway. This tippy shit today is infuriating, we lacked physicality all over the park but I think that will change come championship. Likes of Rob Downey and Cahalane give us that in spades. TOC is more suited to midfield, just too small as a WB.
SK just proved yet again he should finish vs start games. I’ve never seen a hurler anticipate contact and drop the ball
Like him. CL, it’s been said enough times.
ROF great to get minutes into his legs. Hoggy and Joyce were class.
Thought COB was ok but well beaten all over the park.

Not to surprised really, little bit disappointed with our closing down and aggression, otherwise just gave away too many soft frees, some very questionable. My first thought is we need to wrap Joyce in cotton wool. Looking forward to Kilkenny next week where hopefully we can maybe see Coleman, Fitzy, and maybe a few others make appearances. I certainly wouldn't worry too much about today, I'm sure Clare have set their stall out to win their home games, their tackling today shows that. Onwards.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼