Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wouldn't be in a mad rush tbh. Before you'd get the first two championship matches as well as the league games but now it's just the league. €140 for a few league games is extortion. Some con job from the boys in Croke Park hoping the lure of a guaranteed All-Ireland final ticket will suck people in.
Outrageous. Can see then being done away with completely.

I wouldn't be in a mad rush tbh. Before you'd get the first two championship matches as well as the league games but now it's just the league. €140 for a few league games is extortion. Some con job from the boys in Croke Park hoping the lure of a guaranteed All-Ireland final ticket will suck people in.

and it was all league games - even ones your county wasnt plpaying in.

From what’s app group, email back from the GAA……

It was decided that the price would be reduced to €140, keep the juvenile tickets at €30 and the opening championship matches removed instead of a price increase.

While this decision was not taken lightly, we made this decision in order to keep the base price at the same or lower price as 2023.

You are still guaranteed access to purchase match tickets to all championship fixtures and can qualify for an All Ireland Final ticket if you purchase championship match tickets to 5 of your counties championship fixtures. Included also is access to all 5 of your counties League games, along with League Semi Finals and Finals and also tickets to the All Ireland Club Finals in January 2024.

There are also alternative packages available to follow your county for 2024. These can be found here
https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/humatchpack

The link will give you the five league matches for 75 euro

Basically pointless getting a season ticket now unless you're from Limerick and the odds of being in an All Ireland final are high
Limerick were 1 point from being knocked out of Munster last year. 1 point. If hoggy nailed any one of the missed frees/65s in any of the games against Tipp, Clare or Limerick then Limerick would have been eliminated…so there’s no guarantees.
Crazy right.

Re season tickets:

"The opening championship match(es) will no longer be included as part of the Season Ticket. However, the Association will have details of special Championship packages available in the New Year."

So far it's looking like Season Ticket purchase is being disincentivised....
€140 for league matches, guaranteed ticket for all round robin games (only one where tickets might be scarce is away to Waterford) and promise of an AI ticket IF we get there....

Meanwhile they annouce €20 admission for league games and a special deal for purchasing tickets for all league games for €75.

So with a season ticket you're €65 worse off for the league & get NOTHING free for championship

I beginning to wonder why I renewed?!

That championship package post Christmas better have SPECIFIC packages for season ticket holders.

Re season tickets:

"The opening championship match(es) will no longer be included as part of the Season Ticket. However, the Association will have details of special Championship packages available in the New Year."

€140 for league matches, guaranteed ticket for all round robin games (only one where tickets might be scarce is away to Waterford) and promise of an AI ticket IF we get there....

Meanwhile they annouce €20 admission for league games and a special deal for purchasing tickets for all league games for €75.

So with a season ticket you're €65 worse off for the league & get NOTHING free for championship

That championship package post Christmas better have SPECIFIC packages for season ticket holders.
And it better have a free game or two!

Re season tickets:

You can bet your bottom dollar there will be no specific championship packages for season ticket holders

They got what they wanted out of us, extortional money for what’s on offer, and kept the changes very low key so people would just renew presuming nothing much had changed. It’s become very clear why they held off till now to put them on sale too, less time pre Christmas to complain, just buy your tickets and shut up is their approach these days.

The GAA is turning into a money grabbing organisation, fcuk the loyal supporters on the ground

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼