Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Had some time to calm the heart down. Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We nearly had them. But nearlys are no good to us unfortunately.

Look, I don't think we're as good as Limerick and Clare. If you told me at the start of the year that we'd lose by a point to them I would've been surprised. It's shit or bust for this Clare team and Limerick are slowly on the decline but they are still that bit better than us.

To our three old warriors Damien, Hoggie and Harnedy, fair fucks. Put in a fantastic shift today. They'll all be back again next year. We're a couple of players away from winning it all in my opinion. Who knows if we had Mark, Alan and Robbie we could've been very close to a Munster Final.

Any year we don't win an All Ireland is a failure, and this year is no different. Pat will feel the same way. But we've come on loads from last year in my opinion.

Finally, I'm very proud of the effort our lads put in this year. Massive thanks to Pat and his management. He's the man to lead us back to Liam. I know the lads will be bulling to get back into it. For now the lads can get a well deserved break. We've an All Ireland u20 final to look forward to next Sunday, and please god this time next week we'll be celebrating a victory. There's a lot to look forward to for us Cork hurling fans. Rebels Abú.
I'm too drained to post but this is close to what I feel about today.

Hon to Thurles next Sunday now lads and show the U20s we'll back the future.

Lads I don't post here much, but what's with some of the negativity on here. Those lads left everything out there and just came short. There is no shame in that and those lads did the jersey proud this year. Disappointed today that it wasn't enough but thems the breaks sometimes. the future actually looks bright for the first time in years

Ah f**k it, we failed to come out of Munster and finished 1 point ahead of Waterford who had a disastrous campaign. This is a disaster, just because we ran limerick to 1 point seems to be classed as a moral we died with our boots on effort…. Proud of the team. I am gutted and not in much form for handing out praise or plaudits. We are ranked 4 in Munster and the table doesn’t lie .
Context matters. It’s not a success but they are two swings of the hurly away from the top of the group. That’s while being decimated by injuries. They largely changed the tippy tap culture that was a disaster the last few years. It still shows up to bite us in the ass now but hopefully it’s a distant memory next year. They brought some young players on and incorporated Dalton who was a revelation. Context matters.

Ah f**k it, we failed to come out of Munster and finished 1 point ahead of Waterford who had a disastrous campaign. This is a disaster, just because we ran limerick to 1 point seems to be classed as a moral we died with our boots on effort…. Proud of the team. I am gutted and not in much form for handing out praise or plaudits. We are ranked 4 in Munster and the table doesn’t lie .
Team couldn’t have performed much better on the day. Very sharp in front of goal and much less wides than Limerick had. On another day TOM’s effort would have been a goal, and a penalty not awarded at such a crucial time. Team can hold heads high, and Fitzgibbon, Hoggy, Harnedy will be back to fight another day!

Tbphwy and in all seriousness, today was a huge kick in the solar plexus but at the same time, very proud of each and every one of our lads, and feeling more optimistic than in a very long time about the future.

With the young lads coming through, the continued underage success, a feeling of finally having the right management team in place, and big players who are currently injured, namely Flynn, Connolly and Coleman to come back, I promise to retire my handle off the forums, if we haven't won at least 2 All Irelands by 2030.

A win-win in more ways than one.

Context matters. It’s not a success but they are two swings of the hurly away from the top of the group. That’s while being decimated by injuries. They largely changed the tippy tap culture that was a disaster the last few years. It still shows up to bite us in the ass now but hopefully it’s a distant memory next year. They brought some young players on and incorporated Dalton who was a revelation. Context matters.

I think the frustration is borne of this team missing out on at least 2 more competitive outings this year and by such a paper thin margin.

Ryan and his team are 100% headed in the right direction and the more games they play at this level the more they learn and the more they improve.

When you fail to get it over the lines in tight games every decision/ missplaced pass/ puck out lost/ is under the microscope.

Robbie, Mark and Connolly would have made the difference in the drawn, 1 point games. We’re very close and the year being over in may stings like a bastard.

Even though results weren’t as good as last year the feeling that the team is headed in right direction is hard to ignore.

You’d just hope DC, Seamie and Hoggy are there when the famine ends. Fucking warriors they are.

Gutted but a totally different feeling compared to losses in recent years. We’re definitely on the way back … but still a bit short of the top table. I think the mgt selections for Ennis got it wrong but that’s easy to say in hindsight.
An U20 win next Sunday would be great and bring through some more guys with a winning mentality.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Csm Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼